Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    shoothere
    Participant

Hi all,

came across this on Kickstarter (yeah I know, don’t believe everything you see but still…) and it looked rather interesting.

Amazingly low price for such huge performance. But what am I missing? When I see such things (especially the well established Raspberry Pi) I always get this gut feeling that there are some drawbacks to ever using such a system.

Would someone tech savvy on such matters perhaps care to enlighten me? Because if one sees a RPi cost $35 and this $15 there must be some kind of drawback to the setup, right?

EDIT: well I guess long term support (which is pretty much assured with the Raspberry Pi) is one thing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pine64/pine-a64-first-15-64-bit-single-board-super-comput?ref=home_popular

dankcushions
    Participant

seems decent! if it’s popular, the community will come.

i wonder if it’s so cheap because it’s a bit of a loss-leader for revenue they hope to get from add-ons or android store sales? the raspberry pi organisation don’t really see any revenue after the initial sale, so it has to be all-in.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.