Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! A Couple of Config Questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ekdor
    Participant

I’m now having some difficulties with Configs. As it seems lots do. But I have a few questions I haven’t been able to find answers to.

1. I thought mamm4all used retroarch but it seems it doesn’t by default? How do I get it to use it?

2. If I can’t how do I config it’s video settings for things like shaders and such. I can change resolution at rom start and the antialiasing in
    /opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all/mame.cfg
    But not been able get that config to use any of the shaders. If I turn on scanline which would be a bare minimum I get sound stutter introduced.

3. My hot key as specified as F1 will not work.

Well I just had a thought and it turns out the lack of quotations was causing the interface to fail to function.

My mistake. There is some kind of error. I think it’s in the input section. I didn’t realise if I deleted an item the system put the default into the file. I would only see that change if I reopened the file.

Ok; It works if I hash out:
    joypad_autoconfig_dir = /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs/
    Not sure what impact this will have later.

Just wanted to add that my
    input_shader_prev input_shader_next
    tags often cause the emulator to exit. I checked for conflicts and tried different key-maps with no change. Anyone know what this is about?

Floob

Can you confirm if you are using RetroPie 2.6.0 or 3?

ekdor
    Participant

Well I installed 2.6 but I have since run some updates so now I don’t know what was brought down from github… How do I check? I suspect it’s 3 beta 2.

P.S. Your YouTube Videos have been excellent help!

ekdor
    Participant

I increased the overclock and the sound glutting with scanline cleared up. but it’s really heating up now. Wanted to run it a bit lower than this. Was hoping to get away without a fan in my cabinet, just the heatsinks.

I just turned the overclock backdown and the glitch is still gone… Just want to run some better shaders than scanline.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.