Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie 8Bitdo Bluetooth Controller Guide (Retropie v3)

Viewing 13 posts - 36 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    pausuri
    Participant

[quote=111160]Yes, your rc local file is right

I would try the commands in a terminal first, and see if a error message appears..

I tell you, and trust me, my method works fine, you can leve the raspberry on for days, and everytime i turn on the 8bitdo pad it works flawless

Update the system, write a new password, whatch the entire menus of retropie looking for optimal options,….

Check everithing, and tell me things

[/quote]

Hi, I try your method but no luck.
    When I mod the rc.local file with all the commands you wrote, the pad doesn’t connect at all.

Could you copy/paste here your rc.local file to double check if I am missing something?
    Cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=110154]So it’s the same MAC with Start-B (BT keyboard), but if I use Start-R (whatever that is, it’s not in the 8bitdo SNES30 manual, but from my research it’s gamepad mode with controller D-pad, not keyboard…sounds good, right?), it gets a different MAC address! Also a changed name: “8Bitdo SNES30 Gamepad Joystick” instead of “8Bitdo SNES30 Gamepad” So, something new to try.
    Etc…
    [/quote]
    Thanks Tossy and floob, this worked for me. I went through and removed all Bluetooth MAC addresses and button maps, started again and used Start-R on the SNES30 Controllers, mapped each one separately using floobs method and all works fine now!
    Thanks guys, much appreciated!

As said in the quote above, Start-R isn’t in the user guide that comes with the SNES30, however this puts the controller in Joystick mode with a MAC address like mine – FE:FC:7C:AD:9F:FE and FE:FC:AA:51:9F:FE.
    Any other method will generate different type of Mac address and not work with emulationstation.

pausuri
    Participant

Any help to make the L and R buttons as hotkeys, for instance, save and load save games?

Anonymous
    Inactive

So I managed to get my controller recognized and I was able to set the ABXY Start and Select, but on the config menu it will not take the DPad inputs. No clue what’s wrong!

Floob

Most likely it needs to be started in a different mode. Which controller is it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m using the SNES30, I’m powering it on by holding the Start button for a couple seconds.

Floob

Can you try Start and R to see if the MAC is different, or if the D pad is detected?

Anonymous
    Inactive

That was it. I needed to have it in the Start + R mode to detect the D-Pad. Things are working well now, except that I seem to have a slight input delay on the controller, i.e. it takes a moment too long after I hit the button before the game registers it. Is there any way to correct for that?

Floob
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried those tweaks, I’m not noticing an improvement. I’ll see how other games run.

I just received my second controller, do I need to do anything special to have a second one running? Or just follow the wiki steps like I did for the first one.

tossy
    Participant

[quote=111570]Any help to make the L and R buttons as hotkeys, for instance, save and load save games?

[/quote]

For me with my SNES30, R-Select and L-Select work fine, but I have to press R or L first. Pressing Select first doesn’t work.

king0fk0ng
    Participant

FYI – the wiki needs to be updated. Specifically Step 5. In RetroPie 3.6, there is no more “Configure joystick/controller for use with RetroArch” option.

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-a-Bluetooth-controller

slayer612
    Participant

[quote=121744]FYI – the wiki needs to be updated. Specifically Step 5. In RetroPie 3.6, there is no more “Configure joystick/controller for use with RetroArch” option.

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-a-Bluetooth-controller

[/quote]

That’s why the section you are referring to reads “This section is for Wheezy based RetroPie (pre version 3.4)” in the title.

There is no step 5 in the section “This section is for Jessie based RetroPie (version 3.4 and later)”, which would be the right section for setting up your controller in RetroPie 3.6.

Viewing 13 posts - 36 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.