Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project 4 player support on NES, SNES, Genesis in ES?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    clarka3
    Participant

I’ve done some searching on this blog and can’t seem to find a definitive answer if this is possible or not. If there’s a thread with this answer, feel free to just link me there so I can take a look!

Basically, I know that N64 and MAME games recognize my 3rd and 4th controllers because those systems had 4 player support native to the system (i.e. N64 had 4 ports and arcade cabinets had 4 joysticks). However, I can’t get NES, SNES, or Genesis games to work.

I know these systems required multitaps, which seems to be the hangup since the emulators don’t have that support. My question is: is there a way to get this to work?

I have noticed that at least in the NES game i specifically checked (Bomberman 2), it recognizes a 3rd controller, but the controller doesn’t work. I would have chalked it up as not working at all if Bomberman hadn’t recognized the 3rd controller being plugged in, but since it did I’m wondering if there’s just something I haven’t config’d properly?

Any help and insight is appreciated!

clarka3
    Participant

bump for some fresh eyes on this. any help?

m42i
    Participant

I’m currently running the latest source and I could get it working editing the file /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg and changing line 387 to

input_libretro_device_p2 = 257

At least for SNES games, for NES games I have yet to find a way.

dr-jerkberg
    Participant

@m42i Is this with the default libretro pocketsnes?

If so, could you tell me which game/s it worked with?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.