Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    unrealism
    Participant

Hello All,

I’m having some issues getting my wired 360 controller working properly with RetroPie. I followed guides and to install xboxdrv and edit the necessary config files. The problem I’m facing is getting the controller recognized by both EmulatorStation and the actual roms when I launch them. I can only get one working at a time.

I’m pretty inexperienced with linux in general, so I’m not sure exactly what the problem is, but here’s what I’ve found. When I edit the /etc/rc.local file, I still have the lines:
    xboxdrv –trigger-as-button –wid 0 –led 2 –deadzone 4000 –silent &
    sleep 1
    xboxdrv –trigger-as-button –wid 1 –led 3 –deadzone 4000 –silent &
    sleep 1
    xboxdrv –trigger-as-button –wid 2 –led 4 –deadzone 4000 –silent &
    sleep 1
    xboxdrv –trigger-as-button –wid 3 –led 5 –deadzone 4000 –silent &

With this setup, the controller works fine after launching the roms, but can’t control the emulator station. I can get the controller to work in ES by adding /home/pi/start.sh to the rc.local file, but then the controller stops working with the roms when I do this. I plan on using two 360 controllers with no keyboard connected, but I feel like I’m missing something to get this setup working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

unrealism
    Participant

Sorry, I left out the link to guides I’m looking at. They should behere and here.

Oddw1re
    Participant

Hi Unrealism,
    First of all the setup in the second guide on the stmlabs forum is completely different.
    Within rc.local where you have –wid it needs changing to –id as you are using a wired controller.
    Also have you configured the controller for the retroarch.cfg file?
    and which emulators are you using as some have their own config file for pads/controllers.

unrealism
    Participant

I forgot to update it here when I posted, but I did change the -wid to -id in rc.local already. I have ran the retroarch joyconfig as well.

Maybe some of the steps in that second guide were throwing me off. I actually found the one on stmlabs and started following it before I knew about the other guide. Maybe I should try to undo everything I did with the stmlabs guide? I really hope I don’t have to wipe everything out and start from scratch again…

Oddw1re
    Participant

Well i’d say that the best way to get it to work is to wipe the sd card and start again to ensure there is nothing that isn’t supposed to be installed as if you get it working it may cause errors later down the line.
    You can try remove the things you installed via apt-get by using sudo apt-get remove “file”, but that’s not guaranteed to work.

r00stre
    Participant

Sounds like you have it set up in RetroArch fine, but not in emulation station. Navigate to /home/pi/.emulationstation/ and delete es_input.cfg then restart. When it boots up make sure you have your controller on, and it will take you through the key mappings for emulation station again. Hope this helps.

unrealism
    Participant

Got it! I did just wipe everything and start from scratch again, this time only following the guide on github. Worked like a charm! I wish I would have seen that one first.

Thanks for all the help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.