Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    LodanZark
    Participant

This is my gamepad config

input_device = "playsega controller"
    input_driver = "udev"
    input_b_btn = "0"
    input_y_btn = "4"
    input_select_btn = "7"
    input_start_btn = "8"
    input_up_axis = "-1"
    input_down_axis = "+1"
    input_left_axis = "-0"
    input_right_axis = "+0"
    input_a_btn = "1"
    input_x_btn = "2" 
    input_l_btn = "3"
    input_r_btn = "5"
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = "7"
    input_exit_emulator_btn = "8"
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = "6"
    input_reset = "8" 

1st.question: (solved)
    Why the emulator soft reset hotkey is not working?

2nd. question:
    I have found these command in “/opt/retropie/configs/nes/retroarch.cfg”
    ‘input_remapping_directory = /opt/retropie/configs/nes/`
    I am wonder if I can store in that directory different gamepad settings per emulator and how does it work?

3rd question:
    In terms of NES emulation, how can I can set up turbo keys, for example “Y” be the turbo of “B” and “X” be the turbo of “A”?

tipoto
    Participant

Maybe I’m wrong, but I think you can’t have 2 enable_hotkey. You have to choose the one you prefer and deal with it.
    Also I think you don’t have to repeat the line for each new hotkey you want to associate with.

tipoto
    Participant

…For your 2nd question, I don’t know if creating a new mapping file in /opt/retropie/configs/nes/ would make it, but actually you can remap your controllers directly in this file (/opt/retropie/configs/nes/retroarch.cfg).

LodanZark
    Participant

[quote=90192]…For your 2nd question, I don’t know if creating a new mapping file in /opt/retropie/configs/nes/ would make it, but actually you can remap your controllers directly in this file (/opt/retropie/configs/nes/retroarch.cfg).[/quote]

I have tried:

input_enable_hotkey_btn = "8"
    input_exit_emulator_btn = "7"
    input_reset = "8"

And didn’t worked :(

Update: I FIXED!!!
    was my mispelling mistake, the write code here:

input_enable_hotkey_btn = "8"
    input_exit_emulator_btn = "7"
    input_reset_btn = "6"

Feeling silly by mistake the input and forgot also the “btn” thingy

LodanZark
    Participant

[quote=90192]…For your 2nd question, I don’t know if creating a new mapping file in /opt/retropie/configs/nes/ would make it, but actually you can remap your controllers directly in this file (/opt/retropie/configs/nes/retroarch.cfg).[/quote]

The problem is that I use 3 different controllers, so i cannot take the risk of stick mapping gamepad settings directly in retroarch.cfg, my interpretation was like a defined folder that supports storage gamepads configs that has priority over the “/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs” directory for specific emulator… it’s just a guess =P i havent tried yet

tipoto
    Participant

You should just do a quick test to see if it works, it sounds like it should though.

For your first problem, I think it doesn’t work because you have set 2 functions to the same button “8”.

EDIT:
    Oh, yo edited your post at the same time ;)

LodanZark
    Participant

[quote=90199]You should just do a quick test to see if it works, it sounds like it should though.

For your first problem, I think it doesn’t work because you have set 2 functions to the same button “8”.
    [/quote]

yes xD it made me feel soo noobish for such silly mistake, I also put “input_reset” instead “input_reset_btn”… its fixed now ;)

ceuse
    Participant

The emulator specific configurations override the ones in all/Retroarch.cfg.

havent tried it on systems that doesnt require specific configuration (gba, n64) anyway though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.