Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just want to know… Is it possible to have more than 2 players using these emulators?

I have tried multiple different setups in Snes and sega genesis and only 2 controllers ever work!

So has anyone been able to play with 3 or more players?

Thanks.

dr-jerkberg
    Participant

It seems the multitap which allows 3-5 players is disabled by default. Does anyone know of a way to enable it?

Floob

Have you tried editing this file:

/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-core-options.cfg
    multitap = “disabled”

proxycell
    Participant

have you or anyone else gotten this to work?

dr-jerkberg
    Participant

Damn, I was sure that was going to work! But still only 2 players!

Floob

There are other settings in that core file that relate to megadrive/genesis multi player. Have you tried those?
    Unfortunately I dont have a B+ at the moment to try this on.

Anonymous
    Inactive

(Sorry for my bad english^^)

On RetroPie 3.0 Beta 2 on SNES, I got it to work!

First, I switched to “lr-snes9x-next” (/home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/retropie_setup.sh, “Install individual emulators…”, “lr-snes9x-next”).

Then, I opened /opt/retropie/configs/snes/retroarch.cfg and added the following line:
    input_libretro_device_p2 = “257”

If you have configured your controllers in “/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs”, then you need nothing more to do – just connect your gamepad and run your Game. Successfully tested with Bomberman…

dr-jerkberg
    Participant

This is good news, however, I can’t seem to find the lr-snes9x-next. Is is because it is Rpi 2 only? Or because I only have RetroPie 3.0 Beta 1?

Thanks for your help!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.