Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I was using 3.5 on a Pi 2, using an 8Bitdo NES30 Pro controller without any issues. I used the following video tutorial to set it up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4K3h4CIJwA

I had zero issues on the Pi2. My Pi3 got here today. I did the following:

1.) Burned 3.6 to microSD card
    2.) Booted it.
    3.) Dropped to the console
    4.) Ran retropie_setup.sh
    5.) Set up wifi
    6.) Downloaded the latest retropie setup script
    7.) Dropped backed to the console
    8.) Ran sudo apt-get update
    9.) Ran sudo apt-get upgrade (nothing needed updating)
    10.) Ran sudo apt-get install pi-bluetooth
    11.) Used the same steps in the video tutorial above to pair the 8Bitdo NES30 Pro controller
    12.) Added the following to /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules: SUBSYSTEM==”input”, ATTRS{name}==”8Bitdo NES30 Pro”, MODE=”0666″, ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}=”1″
    13.) Restarted EmulationStation, at which point it detected my BT controller, and I was able to set up the controls.

The problem is that every time I restart the Pi3, the controller will not sync up to the pi. In order for me to get it to work again, I have to drop to the console, run the setup script, remove the controller from the registered BT devices, and go thruogh the whole process of pairing again. Any ideas what is up?

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can delete this post. I now have it working. I think the onboard bluetooth just takes longer than my USB bluetooth dongle to become available. With the USB dongle, I could start the controller when I first saw the retropie screen, and it would sync up. Now I have to wait till until it is completely booted, then turn on the controller.

pausuri
    Participant

[quote=119109]You can delete this post. I now have it working. I think the onboard bluetooth just takes longer than my USB bluetooth dongle to become available. With the USB dongle, I could start the controller when I first saw the retropie screen, and it would sync up. Now I have to wait till until it is completely booted, then turn on the controller.

[/quote]

Hi, how did you achieve it?

I have the same problem, Rpi3 with the berryboot 3.6 image and I couldn’t make the bluetooth and WiFi working. I followed your same steps and no luck.
    If a use the my bluetooth dongle the controller (at least) pairs but every time I turn on the Pi it didn’t reconnect, I have to go to the bluetooth setting and pair it again…

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=119329]

You can delete this post. I now have it working. I think the onboard bluetooth just takes longer than my USB bluetooth dongle to become available. With the USB dongle, I could start the controller when I first saw the retropie screen, and it would sync up. Now I have to wait till until it is completely booted, then turn on the controller.

Hi, how did you achieve it?

I have the same problem, Rpi3 with the berryboot 3.6 image and I couldn’t make the bluetooth and WiFi working. I followed your same steps and no luck.
    If a use the my bluetooth dongle the controller (at least) pairs but every time I turn on the Pi it didn’t reconnect, I have to go to the bluetooth setting and pair it again…

[/quote]

Unfortunately, no idea what might be wrong. I did everything I posted in the first post, and mine works. I just have to wait till EmulationStation is 100% booted before I turn on my controller.

mustbaj
    Participant

Once I did the steps above and rebooted I can’t get my pi3 to connect to the controller. Has anyone figured this out?

EDIT: Figured it out.

mustbaj
    Participant

Is there a certain way I need to write more than 1 rule? For multiple controllers?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m having this same issue now with both SFC30 and NES30 8bitdo controllers. Bluetooth is up and scanning but I have to re-pair via the menu every time. Any advice?

Floob

This link below is working for me, and connects. This is with an FC30 Pro.
    I cant get mine to connect if ES is fully loaded or not.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.