Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project 3.0 beta 2 black screen after running emulator once

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kevo.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kevo
    Participant

I have things configured and working using a 3.0b2 img. I have one big issue atm. I can run an emulator successfully once, but after exiting the emulator I can try to run again, but I end up with a blank screen. Rebooting lets me run once again, but then I’m back to a black screen when trying to run a second time.

It doesn’t seem to matter if I run the same game or a different one. So far I’ve mainly been working with fba and snes.

Anyone have any ideas what this might be or where I should look to figure out what the problem is.

kevo
    Participant

So after looking through all the logs I found this error.

retropie kernel: [ 259.529122] detected fb_set_par error, error code: 16

Maybe this has something to do with the issue. Looks like a frame buffer error, but I’m not sure where I should look to troubleshoot it.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I’ll look into it. Probably related to some changes I made in regards to framebuffer. Can you give me more details – which emulator for example.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Also, what launch settings are you using (are you changing any video mode / framebuffer res) ? And what monitor res do you run at (tvservice -s)

kevo
    Participant

I am using all defaults, and connecting via HDMI to a dell monitor. I’m not sure what res it runs at. I’ll have to see if I can get that to you later when I have everything hooked back up.

Here’s the video settings:
    state 0x120016 [DVI DMT (84) RGB full 16:9], 2048×1152 @ 60.00Hz, progressive
    I thought it was running my display at full res, and now I have confirmation.

The only two emulators I’ve used are the default SNES, I think it’s the lr-snes9x maybe, only saw it flash on the screen briefly, and pifba. Both exhibit the same behavior. It also doesn’t matter whether I switch to a new game in the same emulator or the other one. I have to reboot between picking a new game or I get the black screen.

The only changes I’ve made to the 3.0b2 img is adding the xboxdrv and blacklisting xpad. Then I configured the controls and loaded some games. That’s it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.