Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys, running retriopie 3.0, I have all my controls mapped for player 1 on my keyboard, but retroarch wont let me input key strokes for player 2, it just recognizes nothing.

To give you a background, I am using an x arcade, I have activated xarcade2jstick but it is not recognizing it. I gave up on that so now I have custom programmed my x arcade keystrokes.

Is there anyway I can access retroarch config manually, and manually type in keystroke? setting up player 1 was no issues at all, but it never gave me an option for player 2. If I load a rom and hit f1 I can get into retrop arch config, I go into bind player 2, select each keystroke, and it does not recognize it :(

I am very lost, I have spent hours going through all the options in retro arch and retropie

petrockblog
    Keymaster

you can do it manually by editing /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg and entering the presses for player2

travis226
    Participant

How can I get to the command line, f4 doesn’t work to exit from Retropie. This new pi2 and retropie3 is a lot different to the previous version

petrockblog
    Keymaster

ssh in, or press f4, then a key after it to stop emulationstation restarting

travis226
    Participant

Ended up being my keyboard, f4 wasn’t working, anyways went in to the retro arch config through the command line, no luck it only shows me an editable for the player 1 inputs. I even (mc) out of Retropie and directly went into each emulator with no luck.
    If I go into the visual retro arch config once a rom is loaded, it will take me to player 2 binds, but will not recognize any key strokes

travis226
    Participant

anyone found a solution to this, or has it be solved with the new update?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.