Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    rotj83
    Participant

Hi all,

I just installed retropie 2.6 on my pi2. I had 2.5 and the sound with Mame worked. Now with 2.6 I get no sound with mame4all. I tried forcing stereo in the Mame.cfg … But that did nothing. Any thoughts?

Anonymous
    Inactive

What kind of display are you using?

If HDMI, have you uncommented/added “hdmi_drive=2” in /boot/config.txt? (Needed to get sound in screen modes other than the standard HDMI resolutions (e.g. 1280×720, 1920×1080, etc.)

rotj83
    Participant

That fixed it! Thanks for the suggestion andrewsi!

spaceinvader
    Participant

On the other hand, this have not resolved it to me, but I have changed the resolution for mame4all to CEA4 and the sound is here again.

Only one matter, there is about 1 second of delay between the image and the sound, and the sound sometimes flicks.

Any idea to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Same problem here: I removed the “#” in front of hdmi_drive=2…but still no sound in dodonpachi…

I actually use a pc monitor through HDMI, not a TV…

In any case I don’t have any clue how to fix it.:-(

Nobody found a solution?

spaceinvader
    Participant

Hi!

I finally have solved the sound delay in mame.

I have changed the samplerate from 22500 to 40000 (not 44100) in mame.cfg

And it works!

Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just one question: how did you chnage the resolution of mame (and mame only) to CEA4?

Thanks in advance?

spaceinvader
    Participant

After selecting a game, a text message appears, if you press x or m at this moment, you enter in a menu where you can select the resoluction for this game of for all the games with this emulator.

Anonymous
    Inactive

spaceinvader
    Participant

You’re welcome!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am a noob to the Raspberry pi and Retropie and i dont know where to add it. Do you have to write script on the raspberry, or edit it on the usb? If so where do i need to edit it? Just type it on the end?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Don’t know where to add what ? hdmi_drive ? that goes to /boot/config.txt (you can add it via the pi, or by editing on a PC)

You should spend some time reading up on configuring the raspberry pi – http://elinux.org/RPiconfig and other sources. It will be easier to advise if you understand the basics.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.