Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Running 2.4.2 on a B+ through the USB set up.

When the pi launches I can see that the controllers are detected but when I get to emulation station I get “No Gamepads detected”

Tries this with both the ibuffalo snes usb controllers and a Xbox 360 controller.

Am I missing something?
    Should I reformat to 2.3 instead?

lohikaarmehav
    Participant

I have you installed drivers?

lightthief
    Participant

[quote=85495]I have you installed drivers?[/quote]

I thought for emulation station it would auto detect?

Not sure where I’d get the drivers for this or how to install them.

Any pointers would be great.

Roo
    Participant

[quote=85489]
    Tries this with both the ibuffalo snes usb controllers and a Xbox 360 controller.
    [/quote]

I would stick with 2.42. I have the iBuffalo SNES controller – it is detected automatically by ES. Did you try booting your Pi with the controller attached?

The Xbox 360 controller requires you to download a driver and configure it. Here’s the wiki tutorial on that:

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller

lightthief
    Participant

Yeah I have two of the I buffalo controllers attached at boot ipand neither are recognized.

Roo
    Participant

Try simplifying – just have one plugged in and if that doesn’t work reboot with just the other one plugged in. Also, remove any other USB devices you have plugged in for the test

lightthief
    Participant

Needed to have the SD Card match the version on the USB stick.
    Didn’t think that would be needed but that fixed it.

mahonroy
    Participant

Hello, can you elaborate on your fix? I am experiencing the same problem…

I have an old raspberry pi, flashed the sd card, and it works just fine. I just got a new raspberry pi in (supposedly exactly the same), and it says “no gamepads detected”, I don’t know how to fix this. Thanks!

lightthief
    Participant

I use the set up method where you use the SD card to boot and then a USB drive to actually run everything.

For me the versions of the software on the sd card and the USB thumb drive weren’t the same. Once I made them the same the issue went away.

If you’re only using the SD card, which may actually be plenty on a pi2, this wouldn’t be the solution for you.

Make sure you controllers are plugged in before you turn it on.
    And try search for your specific controller on the forums to see if anyone else got them to work.
    I was using the iBuffalo SNES USB controllers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.