kendamachamp
Participant

Any solution for this yet? I’m having the exact same problem. Exit hotkeys work in all emulators except Atari 2600. The select and start keys don’t even perform their normal function either. For now, I’m keeping a keyboard mounted on my cabinet so I can access escape, F1, F2. I’d really like to get all the functionality contained to the cabinet controls though.

I tried using other mappings just for Atari, but realized that nothing I put in the Atari retroarch.cfg gets picked up to override the default retroarch.cfg. It’s annoying cause Atari only works with player 2 and button y. I’d like for the player 1 button b to be the controls for the first player. And then also add the second player if that’s supported.

Then I realized that nothing I put in any of the emulator-specific retroarch.cfgs is getting picked up. I tried mapping the Sega buttons to be more like the original controls, but no matter what configuration I put in the Sega file, it always uses the default config in the “all” folder.