Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Image of Retropie 2.6/3.0 beta 2 with working PS3 bluetooth controllers Reply To: Image of Retropie 2.6/3.0 beta 2 with working PS3 bluetooth controllers

Anonymous
Inactive

[quote=96592]
3.) Add the sixad daemon to the startup sequence
sudo sixad --boot-yes

Great idea! I’ve been having intermittent PS3 controller issues as well, and this may solve that problem, though I was under this impression that the sixad daemon was already configured by the “Install PS3 controller driver” script. I’d say 2 out of 3 times on boot, the PS3 controllers don’t properly connect to the bluetooth dongle. Because of this I tend to just leave the Pi on with the controllers sync’ed and plugged into an external power source to keep the batteries from dying, though probably not a great long term solution.

I’ll try this when I get home.

To further respond to the OP, an image of this sort isn’t possible (yet) because each bluetooth dongle and each PS3 controller has their own unique HW address which have to be linked in some way. There is probably a way to make the setup more streamlined, but if you’re looking for something that just works out of the box, I don’t think anything exists right now.