Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project RetroPie white screens during loadup with certain roms installed Reply To: RetroPie white screens during loadup with certain roms installed

bobbyt
Participant

[quote=81861]If what I read elsewhere is correct, this is actually a memory issue.
The problem is more Rome and systems, the more memory needed by emulationstation (as it effectively hods everything in memory).
Also, if what I read is correct, updating to the newest version should help, as it’s taken the background images and compressed them better…
I ran into the same problem at one point, but ended up fixing it by pulling the N64 rooms (since theyre not playable anyway). I actually tried to find the blurry background images at one point to compress them myself but never found them…
[/quote]

It appears the info may be (at least partially) wrong.

I tried adding a single rom for a new system and my white background for SNES came back. I then managed to track down the folder with the background images (/etc/emulationstation/themes) and proceeded to compress all of them to about 1/3 their original size…

After restarting my PI the blank white screen came back… So the size of the background images doesn’t seem to have an effect on this problem…