Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Emulation Station Themes Screen Cut Off with HDMI. cant see cmd prompt Reply To: Screen Cut Off with HDMI. cant see cmd prompt

leiajade
Participant

Ok. I’m at my wits end here. I’m also about as NOOB as it gets. I’m having the same problem as kaboosh here except my screen is cut off all around. I got into my /boot/config.txt file using the sudo nano command. I tried enabling and disabling overscan and that made no difference. I tried setting “overscan_scale=1”. This helped with the top and bottom of the screen, but I still can’t see the left and right sides. The display is a Panasonic. There is actually a lot of unused black space on either side of the screen which seems to be masking the information underneath. It’s so severe that I had to add 40 characters of just spaces before each line of my config.txt file just so I could read it and edit it, and I’m entering command line prompts mostly blindly. The only thing I’ve found that works is to set “overscan_left=300” I mean 300 is nuts right? And then when I set “overscan_right=300” all the content is distorted and pushed in. I also tried manually setting my framebuffer to 1920×1080 (my displays size) and that didn’t work either. What am I doing wrong?