trimmtrabb
Participant

Ok, are you able to navigate Emulation Station with your pad now?

The next step is to set your controls up. *Most* of the emulators are configured with retroarch.cfg which is a config file located in /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/

I have attached my retroarch.cfg which is setup with my Xbox 360 pad so should work with yours. You need to unzip the file & place it in /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/

You should now be able to use your pad with most of the emulators including SNES, NES, Megadrive & Playstation. If you want to swap some of the buttons around you can just edit the retroarch.cfg with:

nano /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

Also you may want to set up different configs for specific emulators, you just need to copy the retroarch.cfg and place it in the relevant folder, e.g. for Megadrive put it in /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/megadrive

This will override the default retroarch.cfg in /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/

I have set the ‘hotkey’ button to the ‘back’ button on the pad. This means that if you press the back button and specific buttons you can access different options:

back & start = emulator exit
back & home button = Retroarch GUI (useful for setting frameskip)
back & left shoulder button = load save file
back & right shoulder button = save file
back & left trigger = select save state decrease
back & right trigger = select save state increase

There are other options you can configure with retroarch.cfg:
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/blob/master/retroarch.cfg

Also you may want to look at overclocking your Pi (needed for Playstation emulation and even then the Pi will struggle)

Whats your OverClock settings? :)

There are a few emulators that aren’t configured through Retroarch, hopefully you can play the ones you want now.