trimmtrabb
Participant

Hi guys for anybody having problems loading roms, I have installed mame4all-pi via the setup script and the directories have changed from the guide in post #5. On RetroPie image 1.9.1, open es_systems.cfg to edit:
sudo nano /home/pi/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg
Replace this:

DESCNAME=MAME
NAME=mame
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame
EXTENSION=.zip .ZIP
COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin/retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/imame4all-libretro/libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/mame/retroarch.cfg %ROM%" 
# alternatively: COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 "/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/pifba/fba2x %ROM%" 
PLATFORMID=23

with this:

DESCNAME=MAME
NAME=mame
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mame4all-pi/roms
EXTENSION=.zip .ZIP 
COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mame4all-pi/mame %BASENAME%
PLATFORMID=23

The roms need to go in /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mame4all-pi/roms (you need to create the directory)

So I can load roms ok but I have no sound on any roms, anybody else encountered this? Also has anybody managed to map controls to a gamepad and where is the config for this stored, mame.cfg does not specify any controls apart from the front end controls.

edit: just realised I didn’t update the RetroPie setup script before installing mame4all-pi, which may explain the naming difference of the directories