Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Intellivision xbox 360 wireless setup Reply To: Intellivision xbox 360 wireless setup

dudleydes
Participant

I’ve written a tutorial how to configure a game controller in jzintv in the post below.

https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/intellivision-retropie-3-4-bios/#post-102165

The links seem to be down in that post so I have included the required files in the attached zip.

The method makes use of shell scripts to launch games so before you start, you need to edit es_systems.cfg. The best way to do this is to copy the file from /etc/emulationstation to /home/pi/.emulationstation. Now edit the permitted extensions to only include shell scripts, .sh, so that the Intellivision entry reads as below:

<system>
    <name>intellivision</name>
    <fullname>Intellivision</fullname>
    <path>~/RetroPie/roms/intellivision</path>
    <extension>.sh .SH</extension>
    <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ intellivision %ROM%</command>
    <platform>intellivision</platform>
    <theme>intellivision</theme>
  </system>

To make sure that the shell scripts launch, you will need to edit /opt/retropie/configs/intellivision/emulators.cfg to the following:

jzintv="%ROM%"
default="jzintv"

Now add event_diag.rom and Event Diag.sh to the Intellivions roms folder, restart ES with F4 and you are now ready to begin the tutorial.

Let me know if you need further guidance.