Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Joystick input number changing with different number of controllers Reply To: Joystick input number changing with different number of controllers

Anonymous
Inactive

The specific problem I was solving was when I was using 3-4 controllers but it would be a mixture of wired and wireless. Normally one wired xbox controller and 3 wireless via a receiver. If you had a wired and a single wireless controller they were always on js0 and js1. But once I’d added more the js numbers changed their starting point.

The idea with that udev rule is it forces the controllers to ALWAYS go from 0-3 (like your usb ones) regardless of how many are wired or wireless. Obviously you still need configs stating the index for each player (if necessary). Anyway it works fine for me and has done since I ‘resolved’ this. I can play 4 player mario kart for example with an array of controllers. I may have missed something entirely which is why I’ve had to do this but yeah…works so I don’t care :)