Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Retropie 3.0 Not scraping NTSC Genesis artwork?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    davescheidt
    Participant

Hey dudes! Love retropie but after updating to 3.0 from a clean image, when scraping for Genesis Roms I’m only getting the option for PAL/Megadrive box art. I’m assuming it’s because of the Genesis/Megadrive folder merge since its even displays in the menu as Megadrive?

Before 3.0 you had the option when manually searching in a scraping to use either US Genesis OR PAL Megadrive metadata/box art but it just displays Megadrive art and I’d like to have it display the Genesis box art.

Only having this issue with Genesis/Megadrive

davescheidt
    Participant

Anyone having this issue?

herbfargus

Emulationstation scrapes games based off of the platform value in the es_systems.cfg which is currently listed as Megadrive. If you wish to change your theme from megadrive to genesis as well as the scraping, you need to make your megadrive system look like this:

/etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

<system>
        <name>megadrive</name>
        <fullname>Sega Mega Drive / Genesis</fullname>
        <path>~/RetroPie/roms/megadrive</path>
        <extension>.smd .bin .gen .md .zip .SMD .BIN .GEN .MD .ZIP</extension>
        <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ megadrive %ROM%</command>
        <platform>genesis</platform>
        <theme>genesis</theme>
      </system>
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.