Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    herbfargus

I’ve been testing out the experimental builds and I have the proper BIOS files (dc_boot.bin, dc_flash.bin) but every time I try and run it it gives an error that says:

unable to find BIOS in
    ./data/ 

It never created a .data file, nor did any ones that I created work. I placed the BIOS files in:

/opt/retropie/emulators/reicast/data

/home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS

and neither of them worked. I also created a bunch of .data folders in multiple locations just to test and still no go. am I missing something?

gizmo98
    Participant

Hi herbfargus!
    ./data is the right folder. If i put dc_boot.bin and dc_flash.bin in data reicast starts up. Runs only from command line atm. Sorry.
    https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/commit/c26d050d52891b87ff6bc05387c1d5d70a6c46cd

gizmo98
    Participant

Ok. I have fixed the “startup problem”. Audio, controller mapping and speed is still a mess. Hopefully the fix will be merged today.
    https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/pull/786

One warning!
    You can only close reicast with “ctrl+c”.

cliffyboro
    Participant

Bloody love the Dreamcast!! If I could get Code Veronica working on this I’d be made up! Thanks for the progression made Gizmo

herbfargus

Thanks! The fix works in order to get the dreamcast running, but I can’t play a game. When I press play it says please insert a game disc. I have a .cdi game in the roms folder- is there a config file I’m supposed to modify to tell the dreamcast where to look for my games or a menu that I’m missing?

**EDIT:

I found it: I added the game path to

/opt/retropie/emulators/reicast/reicast.sh

I changed

sudo ./reicast.elf -config config:image=""
    to
    sudo ./reicast.elf -config config:image="/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/dreamcast/scalibur.cdi"

and it ran- It was a little sluggish on my Pi2 with no overclock, my snes controller worked fine even with the hardcoding of the controls. then I just pressed ctrl+c to exit.

Supposedly someone was able to get sound working with a few modifications before compiling on this thread, might be worth looking into:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=100076

gizmo98
    Participant

Confirmed. A fix is already there. I have seen the audio fix. The source code needs some documented modifications.

herbfargus

Fix tested and verified for ROM path. Thanks Gizmo! Keep up the good work!

gizmo98
    Participant

Audio fix is coming soon…

herbfargus

sound fix tested and verified. Thanks Gizmo!

trixster
    Participant

It’s pretty good on an rpi2. The sound makes a big difference. Soul caliber has loads of glitches but it’s a great start to dream cast emulation!

tre2392
    Participant

Why is it that when I put the bios file in the dc/data folder there’s always a new data folder created with the controls in it? When I try to boot the bios it’ll tell me to put the bios file in storage/dc/data i’ll do that then try to boot it again and the app closes. then I go back to it and it tells me to put the file in storage/dc/data/data and it’ll keep repeating that cycle, adding more /data’s. I have no idea why it’s doing that and I need help. I’m trying to play shadowman. I have a note 4.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.