Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Ideas for Further Enhancements ES: Systems with multiple emulators show up on a merged list

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    neighbourhoodnerd
    Participant

Just a simple idea.

When you have 2 or more emulators for the same system, the romlists for each emulator should be merged. The user will have no idea a different emulator is being launched.

robertybob
    Participant

I really like this idea – I just hope it’s possible to implement.

neighbourhoodnerd
    Participant

It’ll help when mixing and matching emulators – particularly different Retroarch cores – for the same systems. N64 is a good example.

khayman
    Participant

I’m guessing that this suggestion would probably be better directed to the Emulationstation development team as that’s what generally handles display.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

There is a pull request on the gamelistdb dev branch for system options, which would allow us to do stuff like have multiple emulator choices for a single list of roms, or be able to select zx spectrum model etc.

Just waiting on the upstream development.

https://github.com/Aloshi/EmulationStation/pull/391

neighbourhoodnerd
    Participant

Thanks Buzz! That’s awesome.

Are there plans to add more options to ES, such as the old Joyconfig GUI that existed in the earlier versions of Retropie? The more someone can do without FTP and terminal, the better, I think.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.