Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Getting the MODE button to work on a Genesis 6-Button Reply To: Getting the MODE button to work on a Genesis 6-Button

jjmiller1980
Participant

I must be missing something, and I’m not sure what. When I enter a game, and hit select + x, nothing happens. Here’s what I’ve done.

• Exited EmulationStation
  • Go to retropie_setup.sh
  • Take the option for SETUP
  • Take the option for “Register RetroArch controller
  • set up the controller how you’ve specified in the page I linked to before, and set the MODE button for “select”

When I do this, the D-pad, A, B, C, and start buttons work as expected. Nothing else works. In your document, you say to launch a game and hit select + x. So I hit the MODE button (which I set up as select) and the X button on the controller (both the actual X button which is mapped as “left bottom”, and the Y button, which is mapped as X). Nothing happens. I even tried holding the MODE button and the X button on the keyboard. I don’t get a retroarch menu.

When this didn’t happen, I went into /opt/retropie/configs/megadrive/retroarch.cfg and manually input the input_player1… mappings that you specified (but with my button numbers), and this also didn’t work. What am I doing wrong?