rich
Participant

Well, I’ve actually worked out what the issue was.

Overclocking.

My Pi 2 was overclocked to the Pi2 setting, which is what it should run at as default to take advantage of the higher specs. However, the controlblock does not function at all on this mode. If I revert back to the lowest option for overclocking (pi 1 spec), it works.

Now the issue is that for some reason the controlblock works fine under that spec – but that entirely defeats the purpose of me buying the pi2 in the first place. SNES hardly runs at all and most games are unplayable without that extra speed.

Now, as you increase the overclocking bit by bit it’s clear what the issue is – the controlblock seems to go into overdrive and registers random button presses. By the point of getting even close to the stock pi2 spec, the controlblock is inputting every button at complete random, choosing random games and rendering it unusable. By the point you get to pi2 spec, it’s basically got every input as ON.

So that’s why. And that’s why I didn’t get it resolved until I restarted retropie from scratch – because of the overclocking settings, which didn’t even occur to me as a possible issue.

So my question is this: is there any chance of a resolution for this? It’s a damn shame having a controlblock that I bought for my Pi2 that doesn’t work at all at any spec over than the lowest setting. I’ve had to revert back to using Bluetooth controllers which operate perfectly even at pi2 spec overclock.