Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Peoples Projects Mine. Don't have a name yet! Reply To: Mine. Don't have a name yet!

ekdor
Participant

Thanks, worked hard at it. I looked into using an automatic nesting app. But Maya’s DXF output refused to be recognised so I ended up doing it by hand.

I have laid it out so that I can make some long cuts to reduce the large sheets down to small manageable sizes. I’ll be using both circular-saw and jig-saw. The vertically angled cuts will be with the circular-saw because it has an angular cutting jig. Where possible i’ll be using some aluminium fences to keep the cuts straight. I’d love to use a table-saw but I don’t have access to one. Thinking I might see if someone in my part of town has one to lend. I live in rural Australia so it’s not always so easy.

Reducing the panel size, besides being easier and safer to manoeuvre, will also mean I can put them one at a time on my desk next to my computer desk and draft the parts up using my 3D file for dimensions.

Incidentally the grey parts are vertical cut recliner cuts. The yellow parts have vertical cuts but require a bit more shaping care. Orange parts are thinner than the other parts. Not sure I have the means to do that reliably. Would like to use a planing machine. The red parts have angled cuts and or shaping and routing. Levels of care and difficulty.

Also the measurements are in a strange format. They are in cm but the decimal place is in the wrong place. e.g the left measurement shown as 8.169 is actually 81.69 cm.

– amendment – It looks like it would be solid MDF. But the models is entirely hollow. Weird. Just have to wait till we have a nice day after this weekends family birthday gathering to get the MDF and cut it into the smaller panels. Hope I got it right.