tipoto
Participant

You can do whatever you want and you can have different consoles or arcade emulators in the same theme, but you need to script a lot and modify a few files here and there.
I have my own themes, but I launch my games through a script that I created, which reads a text file (1 text file by theme) where I put all the settings I want per game (emulator, button layout, shader, index ratio, etc…), then my script modifies all the config files needed, then it executes runcommand.sh.
Here is an example of what my text files look like:

ROM_NAME EMU IDX ITG SHR CFG BTN LED
———————————————————————
bublbobl.zip fbaLr 0 1 2 0 250341 ***BY**
plotting.zip mameLr 21 0 2 0 250341 ***B***

If I don’t put any settings for one game, I have a line at the top of my text files that gives the default settings it has to use.
Basically, in one theme, I can use any emulator I want (fba-libretro, pifba, mame-libretro, mame4all, advmame 0.94, advmame 0.12…or any console emulators).
I’m still working on it, the acrade section works like a charm, the console part should theoretically work already, but I didn’t really test it yet, so I’m expecting to have a few exceptions to create in my script, probably nothing big.
I’m also working on a random game launcher, which already works at 80%, I just need to fix one little thing, I can launch a random game for all the library or for one specific theme (like neogeo for example).

Everything is possible ;)