einbrecher
Participant
Post count: 7

I did ran into a few issues with Method 3 using the RetroPie v2.3 SD image that I managed to fix

– Make sure you’ve got the right end-of-line characters in the files. I had copied the scripts into notepad++ on windows and transferred it via thumb drive to the RaspberryPi. Nano didn’t show anything amiss in the file, but when I opened it in vi, I could see them. Clearing them out seemed to get me over the last hump to get the daemon service running

– Blacklist the xpad service (don’t have to remove it). Add “blacklist xpad” to the file /etc/modprobe.d/raspi-blacklist.conf

– I ran into something saying that xboxdrv needed root permissions for some things, meaning you needed your user to be in the root group (which is a bit of a security risk, usually), however I’ve since removed myself from the root group and things still run fine.

– I also did not have to use the dwc_otg.speed=1 fix (I tried it once, but it stopped my keyboard from working and I had to start over from scratch)

– I’ve kept my keyboard plugged in the whole time and didn’t notice anything weird about the indexing