Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Emulation Station Themes modify logo and menu emulationstation Reply To: modify logo and menu emulationstation

wrichards
Participant

[quote=33750]You could use omxplayer to play a video instead of the retropie splash screen and keep it playing above emulationstation while it’s splash screen is displayed. You just have to make sure the video is long enough that when it stops playing, emulationstation is done loading (approx. 45 seconds).
Here’s how to do it:
First copy the video you’d like to use to your home directory ( /home/pi )
Then install omxplayer sudo apt-get install omxplayer
Then modify the splash screen script to play your video instead of displaying the retropie splash screen image sudo nano /etc/init.d/asplashscreen
comment out (or delete) these lines:

line=$(head -n 1 /etc/splashscreen.list)
    isMovie=$(echo $line | grep -o "*.mpg")
    if [ -z "$isMovie" ]; then
      /usr/bin/fbi -T 2 -once -t 30 -noverbose -a -l /etc/splashscreen.list &
    else
      mplayer $line &
    fi

and above them (under the first do_start () { ) add this line: omxplayer -o hdmi --layer 10000 /home/pi/splash_screen_video.mp4 &
Save with Ctrl+X then enter And then reboot with sudo reboot Once the Pi turns back on it will start playing your video, and if your video is long enough it will go straight into the carousel view once the video ends.
[/quote]

this does not work like I thought, its the problem I have now, the emulation station screen loads OVER the video, I can still hear my video playing behind it…. :( not to discredit anyone, but I would be more than happy to put emulation station as a logo on the video. but I thought the video would just over write the ES splash, in 2.3 it doens seem to do that, unless I really missed something….