toasti
Participant

[quote=5333]tasti: That’s strange, as you say ES-scraper only edits the gamelist.xml file and downloads cover art, it shouldn’t cause the pi to not boot. I once got into a similar problem though when manually editing a gamelist.xml file and forgetting an end tag </desc>. I had to log onto the pi with an ssh client on the ipad and go through the xml file from there are fix it, after a rebott it was okay again. But scraper shouldn’t cause that.

As for neogeo, I have the neogeo.zip file in the roms/neogeo folder, still zipped. There was some trouble to get the correct neogeo.zip though, I eventually used one with the unibios files inside it. Some games still don’t load though and I haven’t solved that. This rom jungle and the mame complexity is the downside to this emulation setup, when I’ve spent too much time struggling to get a game to run properly I just put the head in the sand and delete the file and play something else instead. :P
[/quote]

Yes, I confirm. The MAME games and system is a very complex jungle and it’s just try and error and because of this very annoying. All the other emulators are running well, but the mame games are the most important for me.
I hope I will get the most interesting games running.

I try again, and again…

And the ES-scraper will be ignored now, I will try the script above ;-)

[quote=5340] @toasti, ok here’s my script and instructions:

http://webspace.lenscritic.com/mame/

You can be my beta tester ;)
[/quote]

I’d be glad to! ;-) Thanks for your efforts and sharing your script!
Will try it and let you know!