kitchuk
Participant

This is what my mame4all-pi config looks like. My folder for the binary location in the pi is called ‘mame4all_pi’ but it might be different when the script installs it. Check what the folder is called once you install it form the script and change appropriately.

I don’t have a config file for the MAME input as it was all done inside the emulator via the ‘TAB’ key, but was very easy to use. The mame.cfg doesn’t seem to display controller info only keyboard.

DESCNAME=MAME
NAME=mame
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mame4all_pi/roms
EXTENSION=.zip .ZIP 
COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mame4all_pi/mame %BASENAME%
PLATFORMID=23

Note that the command ends in %BASENAME% instead of the usual %ROM%

Below is my PiFBA (Neo Geo & Arcade) config:

DESCNAME=NeoGeo
NAME=neogeo
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/neogeo
EXTENSION=.zip .ZIP .fba .FBA
COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 2 "/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/pifbang/fba2x %ROM%" 
PLATFORMID=24
DESCNAME=FinalBurn Alpha
NAME=fba
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/fba
EXTENSION=.zip .ZIP
COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 2 "/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/pifba/fba2x %ROM%" 
PLATFORMID=23

I currently have two identical folders that contain PiFBA, one is ‘pifbang’ and the other is ‘pifba’. The reason I did this is because I wanted the control schemes different for Neo Geo (3-4 buttons) and Arcade/CPS (6 buttons). This way I could create two separate input configs that best suited each particular system. Below are the best control setups I found when using an Xbox 360 pad via xboxdrv.

Note: Also in the rc.local script I had included ‘dpad-as-button’. I did this so gpSP would recognise the dpad and I could map controls for that emulator.

Arcade/CPS (pifba):

[Joystick]
# Get codes from "jstest /dev/input/js0"
# from package "joystick"
A_1=6
B_1=5
X_1=7
Y_1=4
L_1=8
R_1=9
START_1=13
SELECT_1=12