jdog
Participant
Post count: 3

making some progress here (maybe)

i’ve started working through ~/RetroPie-Setup/scriptmodules/emulators.shinc to manually go through the retroarch setup commands

starting with the em_install_retroarch() function (~ line 716)
– changed to the RetroArch dir
$ cd ~/RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch
– pulled the repository to make sure it was up to date (it was)
$ git pull
– ran the configure command
$ ./configure --prefix="/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir"
==== configure output
./configure –prefix=”/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir”
Checking operating system … Linux
Checking for suitable working C compiler … /usr/bin/gcc
Checking for suitable working C++ compiler … /usr/bin/g++
Checking for availability of switch -std=gnu99 in /usr/bin/gcc … yes
Checking for availability of switch -Wno-unused-result in /usr/bin/gcc … yes
Checking for availability of switch -Wno-unused-variable in /usr/bin/gcc … yes
Checking function bcm_host_init in -lbcm_host … yes
Checking for pkg-config … /usr/bin/pkg-config
Checking presence of package egl … no
Checking existence of -lEGL -lGLESv2 -lbcm_host -lvcos -lvchiq_arm … yes
Checking function pthread_create in -lpthread … yes
Checking function dlopen in -ldl … yes
Checking function socket in -lc … yes
Checking function getaddrinfo in -lc … yes
Checking function fcntl in -lc … yes
Checking function getopt_long in -lc … yes
Checking presence of package alsa … yes
Checking presence of header file sys/soundcard.h … yes
Checking presence of header file soundcard.h … no
Checking existence of -lossaudio … no
Checking function alcOpenDevice in -lopenal … no
Checking presence of package rsound with minimum version 1.1 … no
Checking presence of package libroar … no
Checking presence of package jack with minimum version 0.120.1 … no
Checking presence of package libpulse … yes
Checking function AudioUnitInitialize in -framework AudioUnit … no
Checking presence of package sdl with minimum version 1.2.10 … yes
Checking function cgCreateContext in -lCg … no
Checking presence of package SDL_image … yes
Checking presence of package zlib … yes
Checking presence of package libavcodec with minimum version 54 … no
Checking presence of package libavformat with minimum version 54 … no
Checking presence of package libavutil with minimum version 51 … yes
Checking presence of package libswscale with minimum version 2.1 … no
Checking function dlopen in -ldl … yes
Checking presence of package gbm with minimum version 9.0 … no
Checking presence of package libdrm … no
Checking presence of package libxml-2.0 … yes
Checking presence of package glesv2 … no
Checking existence of -lGLESv2 -lGLESv2 -lbcm_host -lvcos -lvchiq_arm … yes
Checking presence of package vg … no
Checking existence of -lOpenVG -lGLESv2 -lbcm_host -lvcos -lvchiq_arm … yes
Checking presence of package libv4l2 … no
Checking presence of package freetype2 … yes
Checking presence of package x11 … yes
Checking presence of package xkbcommon with minimum version 0.3 … no
Checking presence of package xext … yes
Checking presence of package xxf86vm … no
Checking presence of package xinerama … yes
X11, Xext or xf86vm not present. Skipping X11 code paths.
Checking presence of package libudev … no
Checking function strlcpy in -lc … no
Checking function strcasestr in -lc … yes
Checking function mmap in -lc … yes
Checking presence of package python3 … no
Creating make config: config.mk
Creating config header: config.h
====
– make (died with an error)
$ make
– last five lines of make output (i’ve attached the full output of the make command)
====
/opt/vc/lib/libEGL.so: undefined reference to’gl20_client_state_init’
/opt/vc/lib/libEGL.so: undefined reference to ‘glxx_buffer_info_get’
/opt/vc/lib/libEGL.so: undefined reference to ‘glxx_client_IsFramebuffer’
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [retroarch] Error 1
====
– i’m not sure what to do here. the error isn’t exactly verbose. it looks to me like libEGL is broken or not installed correctly?
– i continued on like it never happened (just in case by some miracle the error didn’t matter)

moving on to the em_configureRetroArch() function (~ line 644)
– the first line is a cp command but fails because the install dir hadn’t been created yet so i created the directory
$ mkdir -p /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin
– next copy the retroarch-zip file
$ cp /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/supplementary/retroarch-zip /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin/
– the remaining part of em_configureRetroArch() seemed to have worked as expected during the original setup (i didn’t really test if the ensureKeyValue commands worked properly)

*** my attachments don’t seem to be uploading properly. (debug.log and the failed make output)
if you think they may be of some help I can post the full output here (i’d rather not clutter up the page if that’s not necessary)