Post count: 45

herbfargus, great news – I’ve been able to integrate this daphne build very elegantly into Retro Pie. Your suspicion seems to be right that runcommand needed to clean up the framebuffer settings on exit.

If it saves you time, I’ll gladly share the changes I’ve made. Here’s the rundown of what I did after snooping around Retro Pie’s guts:

* Added “daphne” entry to /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg. This was the only existing file that needed to be modified.
* Added the daphne runtime to /opt/retropie/emulators/daphne/
* Added dir /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/daphne for both roms and laserdisc images
* Added /opt/retropie/configs/daphne/emulators.cfg

Given that a game involves a handful of files, as well as a hard-coded game name, here are the contents of /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/daphne/READ_ME which sorts all that out:

Add each new laserdisc game here in a directory named
{game}.daphne where {game} is a daphne-recognized game
name, such as lair or ace.

It is assumed that the framefile.txt will have the same
name, e.g. lair.daphne/lair.txt

Alternate game roms may be added without duplicate storage
by symlinking the files in one folder to another.

All actual roms should be added to the daphne/roms subfolder

If I can hand this off to you, like a zip of just these files or a pull request, let me know. Assuming that it looks like I tackled this the right way.

This is exciting. It looks as solid as any of the other systems in Retro Pie now.