reprotie
Participant

[quote=100854]Just got my raspberry pi today and I am having this issue as well, but it seems to be with all emulators (I have only tested NES/SNES so far though). Dpad is not working in any of the games I have tried, but the other buttons seem to be ok. When setting the controller up in the settings, all of the buttons seem to be recognized, except when I press the L2 button it adds it as L2 and R2 in the config settings as soon as I press it. But the main issue is that the dpad isn’t working; it’s unplayable without that.

I am using the Dual Shock 4 / PS4 controller with a USB cable if that matters.

[/quote]

I’m not using a ps4 controller, but I’m having the same problem here. Changed from Lakka to Retropie and EmulationStation today, and I can’t figure out what the problem is, for the life of me :o

My usb keyboard works fine, but the dpad and analogs just doesn’t work.
I used jtest to see the inputs, used the new autoconfig via the ES menu, tried to setup the retroarch cfg manually, placing copies inside the “\config\[emulator]”, placing the controller config inside “\config\[emulator]\retroarch.cfg”… Still nothing. Tested Super Mario All-stars, A Link to The Past (snes), SuperMarioland (gb), castlevania (nes) and CTR (psone)
(btw, I can control the games using the keyboard and the joypad at the same time.)

I’m using the Version 3.0 BETA 4 (retropie-v3.0beta4-rpi2.img.gz), and this is my joypad config inside “\\RETROPIE\configs\all\retroarch.cfg”:

input_device = "DragonRise Inc.   Generic   USB  Joystick  "
input_driver = "udev"
input_b_btn = "2"
input_y_btn = "3"
input_select_btn = "8"
input_start_btn = "9"

input_up_btn = "h0up"
input_down_btn = "h0down"
input_left_btn = "h0left"
input_right_btn = "h0right"

input_a_btn = "1"
input_x_btn = "0"