[quote=99863]happy to be the guinea pig! I’m guessing the files on sourceforge are complete as they seem to be getting 100 downloads a week, but perhaps I could test?
I guess if i remove the existing pifba directory in /opt and the install the binary (never done this before so if anyone has the right command!) that should give me a clean install.
just to update – i’ve done this and it all worked. i can now play 4 player FBA games :) I deleted existing opt/retropie/emulators/pifba directory, so i can confirm that the latest version is complete.
for anyone else wanting to do the same before the retropie repository is updated, follow these steps:
1) download the zip @ http://sourceforge.net/projects/pifba/
2) unzip to /opt/retropie/emulators/pifba (you may want to back up your existing fba2x.cfg file first, as this will overwrite your controller settings)
3) give the two executables the correct permissions:
sudo chmod 755 fba2x sudo chmod 755 fbacapex
4) restore your old fba2x.cfg, if you backed up via
sudo cp [backup file name] fba2x.cfg
5) if you did 4, edit fba2x.cfg to add the 3rd and 4th controllers with
sudo nano fba2x.cfg