Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m migrating from 2.6 where I had no problems with Mame4All recognizing my controllers. I recall doing the compile fix for axis > 6.

I’ve done a clean install of 3.0 from binary and cannot get it to recognize my controller on the new version. It works in all other Retroarch emulators so it’s definitely an issue with Mame4All. I’ve compared configs and other files endlessly. I know Retropie forked the code and did the axis patch so I wouldn’t expect that to be the problem.

I’ve tried compiling from source thinking the binary didn’t have a recent fix. Still didn’t work.

Next step is to copy the binary from 2.6 which would pinpoint an issue with the latest code.

Unless I’m overlooking something obvious.

jiggawatt
    Participant

Copying the Binary from my 2.6 image worked. Wireless PS3 functional. There’s something wrong with the new updates to mame4all-pi that is causing the issue.

ninjatool
    Participant

could you explain on a noob level how to copy the 2.6 binary? I’m on 3.0 and can’t get my PS3 wireless working, although it works just fine wired, and it does pair wireless on other emulators, just not mame4all.

daweze
    Participant

i also found that ps3 over Bluetooth is not working in Mame4All but it you plug up the usb cable to the same ps3 controller and reboot it works perfect over usb. I also found if you user the ir-iMame4All emu instead the controller works fine over Bluetooth. the same goes for FBA.

robertus
    Participant

i have the same problem

i don’t understand why with wired, i can map my button, and over bluetooth i can’t..

is impossible set up buttons and disconnect the cable because doesn’t work! why? :( very weird…

also with mortal kombat 2 in mame4all, i can’t open tab menu, maybe i set up wrong and i delete the tab menu.

how can i restore it?

and there is a fix to get bluetooth controller in mame4all?

jiggawatt
    Participant

I’ve discovered the fix is to once again remove the axis limitation bit of code and recompile the source. It was told to have been fixed but the code was put back in with a higher limitation and the false assumption that it fixed the problem.

What seems to be happening is the wireless Bluetooth code causes the controller to utilize more axis that when directly plugged in.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

You can open a ticket if there isn’t already one and we can remove the limit or increase it further. We had it removed before, but when upstream fixed it, we assumed they had tested their code, I guess not!

jiggawatt
    Participant

Will do Buzz. I did open a ticket. I’m polishing up a fork and then I’ll submit a pull request for the change.

robertus
    Participant

So WE need to wait an update of mame4all?

robertus
    Participant

No fix?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Was fixed a week ago or so.

robertus
    Participant

Was fixed a week ago or so.

oh i see so how can i fix it? Sorry about question.

( update binary maybe? Take a long time)

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

petrockblog
    Keymaster

menu 5 of retropie setup – install individual emulators from binary / source

robertus
    Participant

[quote=105736]menu 5 of retropie setup – install individual emulators from binary / source

[/quote]

i tried now to binary and doesn’t work, needed to source ?

because i tried now with binary and source, but doesn’t work my ps3 genuine controller over bluetooth ( i can’t remap button, with TAB menu )

petrockblog
    Keymaster

others have reported it solves it for them. so dont know. maybe another problem ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.