Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    shoothere
    Participant

y0!

I just got some spam from some Helen that is sending me a message through the forums. Just thought I’d let ya know.

Gr!

petrockblog
    Keymaster

The account has already been removed.

shoothere
    Participant

I’m sure she’s a lovely woman, but I guess it is uncalled for :)

Shame if one would have to implement Captchas :(

petrockblog
    Keymaster

and removed again….. bloody spammers.

vfrvulcan
    Participant

Not alone.

Helen Spammed me as well – this is just my second post on the site – not impressed with receiving c@rp like that after just one post

herbfargus

This is the first spam we’ve had in a long while. Guess you just got lucky with your timing. We’re going to be getting a new forum at some point in the future anyhow.

vfrvulcan
    Participant

Lucky or not, doesn’t instill confidence in the back-end operations

InsecureSpike
    Participant

I had 2 of them

petrockblog
    Keymaster

[quote=121580]Lucky or not, doesn’t instill confidence in the back-end operations

[/quote]

yeah because other forums have never had a spam registration – how terrible of us to let it happen. You can turn off PMs in your settings also.

shoothere
    Participant

Well it seems resolved but for future reference:

if such things (or other non-retropie related stuff) happen, is this the preferred method of reporting so others can see it or would you rather have it emailed?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

For posts there is a spam button. If you get a spam PM, you can click report on the user on their profile. No need to open a thread or PM really.

meneerjansen
    Participant

I got this spam mail too, of course. Didn’t know this topic existed. What I don’t get is why the mail itself got deleted in the (double) post that I created. Because now that e-mail can be used time in time again to fool poor people on the internet that actually believe this sort of nonsense to steel your money.

I’d rather have all these pathetic standard mails published on the internet so their con cannot be used again. Realize that a con or magic trick only works if you’ve never seen it before.

My apologies for the double post.

herbfargus

As far as I’m concerned if people are gullible enough to believe that stuff, they shouldn’t be on the internet.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

haha, well said!

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I removed it as I dont want the forum to be filled with copies of spam – should we also keep all the spam posted to the forum in another thread too ? :)

The user was deleted. Can we move on now rather than being so dramatic about it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.