Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So I picked up the powerblock to use to control power on my pi, and after not really liking the SNES to USB interface, I decided to use try the GPIO route. I followed this plan (https://www.petrockblock.com/2012/07/19/connecting-snes-sockets-to-the-raspberry-pi-an-assembly-guide/) to connect my snes adapters to pins but I’m not having any luck (nothing is detected)… The only pins I switched was 3.3v and gnd from the guide (because the power block is on pins 1 and 6), so I’m using pins 17 (3.3v), 22 (Data2), 20 (gnd), 15 (Data1), 16 (latch), and 18 (clock). I installed the SNESDev package from the retropie setup script, but it doesn’t seem to be working. I get absolutely nothing. The part I’m not sure about is what GPIO pins the script is looking for, and I’m afraid it wants to only look on the 1,5,6,7,19,23 config that the gamecon driver wants to use. I’ve searched for quite some time to see if I can figure out how to change or check the GPIO pins, but I don’t find that anywhere. Another issue I think I see is that the SNESDev service is not running (services –status-all shows it with a ‘-‘ which I understand to be installed but not running) and if I try to service start it, it reboots my pi (oops)… Am I missing something? I’ve searched the forums to no avail, most talk about using the GPIO adapter that is sold here, but I already have the powerblock, so couldn’t use that if I wanted to…

jsawhi
    Participant

ok, so I decided to try the gamecon_db9 driver instead…. In it it showed that I only needed 2 of the pins that the powerblock were connected to (using pins 17 and 20 for vcc and gnd). So I just soldered 2 pins to the top of the board and connected to that. All seems to be working like that. Didn’t want to have to do it that way, but it is what it is…

Would be nice if there was a way to make this work with the powerblock without modifying it…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.