Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! RetroPie Multi-Boot Images

Viewing 35 posts - 176 through 210 (of 222 total)
  • Author
    milas
    Participant

RetroPie_OpenELEC_120316.zip on mega

https://mega.nz/#!TAVHELiL!aFOqyTd2IriElftCSvRn2GPfVtFXocy5xc5DepzGzPg

Fixed version for Pi 2 & 3

mamekid
    Participant

Hello Smithers, Does your image have the pi-bluebooth install in retropie along with the controller fix for the Pi 3 as seem here https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/problems-getting-ps3-controller-to-work-properly/#post-119984?
    Thanks

smithers
    Participant

[quote=120375]is it possible to run your script through confluence skin in kodi?

thanks

[/quote]

I have installed the Xonfluence skin and set it up with my scripts as it’s not possible to add custom scripts with the standard ‘Confluence’ skin. Not without using a third party add-on anyway (Advanced Launcher), but that add-on is now retired as far as I’m aware.

I can talk you through how to use it if you like, no problem, but I was under the impression that Xonfluence was nigh on the same as Confluence but with added features? I haven’t used it enough to be able to see the differences I guess.

smithers
    Participant

[quote=120398]RetroPie_OpenELEC_120316.zip on mega

https://mega.nz/#!bJE12B4S!WzsYiYAQl3Clz6cp77nPMjTu2iAdl2VrOKVESXuqrYs

[/quote]

Thanks for uploading. Just to confirm – is that link for the ‘fixed’ version that I re-uploaded? (which works for Pi 3).

[quote=120399]Hello Smithers, Does your image have the pi-bluebooth install in retropie along with the controller fix for the Pi 3 as seem here https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/problems-getting-ps3-controller-to-work-properly/#post-119984?
    Thanks

[/quote]

It is just a straight up image of RetroPie 3.6 (but with my KODI script added), so it won’t have any fixes like that in no, sorry. It can be fixed using the same method though, no reason why it shouldn’t work.

keem85
    Participant

Not trying to be an ass, but will there be a triple boot image for RP3 also? :) I suddenly got the urge tu use the RP as a computer as well! When/if that happens, can I just copy the .Kodi folder and the PI folder to transfer all my roms, settings, bios etc? Thanks!

smithers
    Participant

[quote=120404]Not trying to be an ass, but will there be a triple boot image for RP3 also? :) I suddenly got the urge tu use the RP as a computer as well! When/if that happens, can I just copy the .Kodi folder and the PI folder to transfer all my roms, settings, bios etc? Thanks!

[/quote]

Haha, yes there will be. I aim to get it done this week, just a bit busy with work for a few days then I will concentrate on getting it done and out asap. Its the one that takes the most setting up so I will get the Plex build out first then work on triple boot.

And yes – you can copy all your files from your current build, that’s not an issue and that is one of the reasons I love OpenELEC – a dedicated emebedded setup with its own filesystem. Makes it easy to work with and the added benefit of being ‘superuser’ by default means there is less worry about permissions when handling files. On the subject – I have a script that I set up to update KODI with my own build that is outside of the normal ‘Backup’ or ‘Update’ function of OpenELEC. I’m happy to share if you’d find it useful. It can be used to update from USB or from a static link on the web, so for example I create a backup of my KODI build, compress it and upload it to the web as (for example):

http://www.mysite.com/kodi.tar.xz

Then I have a script on my personal OpenELEC setup that I can click on named ‘Update KODI’ and it will download that file, extract it, check that the relevant files are present from the extract (and halt if they are not!), copy the existing custom keymaps I have setup for my KODI remote then proceed to delete my current setup and replace it with the downloaded setup and finally copy over my original keymap files and delete all the downloaded data that is no longer needed then reboot into my new setup. All this is done automatically for me at the click of a button and it means I can tinker with a separate OpenELEC build until I am happy with it then simply upload it to the net (using the same static link, replacing the old file) and update on my master dual boot setup and other Pi’s in the house. It also means that I don’t need to visit my mothers house every time she messes up her KODI setup (bless her!), so if it goes wrong she just has to click ‘update KODI’ at her end and it’ll fix itself automatically. Its a lot easier for me! ;)

Well, sorry that turned into a lengthy post! I will be writing a blog on how to set up that type of script so will post a link if anyone here is interested. It may sound like a faff but it makes things a lot more easy to update, especially if you have a few builds set up yourself or for family & friends.

All the best
    Steve

keem85
    Participant

Cool I’m tempted to try it. It sounds convenient.. Hey, I had a thought about the triple boot.. If I install the triple-boot, and then copy my .kodi and PI folders over, wouldn’t that “overwrite” the shortcut to Raspbian desktop in emulationstation and Kodi? Making your shortcuts disappear or something?

milas
    Participant

[quote=120402]

RetroPie_OpenELEC_120316.zip on mega

https://mega.nz/#!TAVHELiL!aFOqyTd2IriElftCSvRn2GPfVtFXocy5xc5DepzGzPg

Thanks for uploading. Just to confirm – is that link for the ‘fixed’ version that I re-uploaded? (which works for Pi 3).

14 ‎march ‎2016, ‏‎20:38:36 This is the time when i download it, i cant test it on Pi3 im waiting for it. I can put on mega new version and edit post with link if You want. Let me known.

Best Regarts for Your work.
    Thank You.

Edited. link for both Pi 2 & 3 fixed version.

candyluv
    Participant

[quote=120407]
    Then I have a script on my personal OpenELEC setup that I can click on named ‘Update KODI’ and it will download that file, extract it, check that the relevant files are present from the extract (and halt if they are not!), copy the existing custom keymaps I have setup for my KODI remote then proceed to delete my current setup and replace it with the downloaded setup and finally copy over my original keymap files and delete all the downloaded data that is no longer needed then reboot into my new setup. All this is done automatically for me at the click of a button and it means I can tinker with a separate OpenELEC build until I am happy with it then simply upload it to the net (using the same static link, replacing the old file) and update on my master dual boot setup and other Pi’s in the house. It also means that I don’t need to visit my mothers house every time she messes up her KODI setup (bless her!), so if it goes wrong she just has to click ‘update KODI’ at her end and it’ll fix itself automatically. Its a lot easier for me! ?

Well, sorry that turned into a lengthy post! I will be writing a blog on how to set up that type of script so will post a link if anyone here is interested. It may sound like a faff but it makes things a lot more easy to update, especially if you have a few builds set up yourself or for family & friends.

All the best
    Steve

[/quote]

Hi Smithers,
    I would very much love to have that script. It is very much a hustle going to everyone houses to fix a problem so will very much be appreciated.
    Everything you are doing is great.
    Thanks for everything.

mayki
    Participant

[quote=120245]
    RetroPie 3.6 & OpenELEC 6.0.3: Click here
    * 3 skins set up to use: Arctic Zephyr (default)
    Aeon Nox (for nostalgia! ? )
    Xonfluence (for those who can’t sway from the ‘vanilla’ skin)
    PLEASE NOTE you can not switch to Xonfluence skin from the Arctic Zephyr skin – no idea why but it just doesn’t work so switch to Aeon Nox first and then switch to Xonfluence and you’re good to go. A minor annoyance.

RetroPie 3.6 & OSMC 2016.02-3: Click here
    Only the standard skin is set up for OSMC
    [/quote]

Download link RetroPie 3.6 & OpenELEC 6.0.3 and RetroPie 3.6 & OSMC 2016.02-3 is the same (only OpenELEC not OSMC)

smithers
    Participant

[quote=120484]
    Download link RetroPie 3.6 & OpenELEC 6.0.3 and RetroPie 3.6 & OSMC 2016.02-3 is the same (only OpenELEC not OSMC)

[/quote]

You’re right – well spotted! Not sure how I managed to mess that up but it is corrected now, thanks for pointing it out!

Cheers.
    Steve

smithers
    Participant

[quote=120431]
    Hi Smithers,
    I would very much love to have that script. It is very much a hustle going to everyone houses to fix a problem so will very much be appreciated.
    Everything you are doing is great.
    Thanks for everything.

[/quote]

Ok no problem – check out this link for further info and a download of my script:

Click here

I havent done it yet but I will make a simple KODI build with a non-standard skin and some background pictures included (no addons!), and upload it as a proof of concept test file that my example script will link to, should you wish to test it.

Cheers.
    Steve

yungyaw
    Participant

yungyaw wrote:
    Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot for creating these multi-boot images. Greatly appreciated.

I’m just wondering, is there any possibility to include Volumio as another OS that we can switch to?

The current stable version is v1.55. FYI, version 2 is in beta stage.

If this can be done, it will be an ultimate entertainment machine.

Thanks.

Cheers,
    YungYaw

Hi. Its on my todo list so I will certainly give it a try yes! I have never used Volumio before so not sure if it supports running script shortcuts etc. but if it does then it shouldn’t be a problem, in theory.

Thanks Steve! Really looking forward for a Retropie + Kodi + Volumio machine. Cheers!

steviemac
    Participant

Hi Smithers, so will this script work with your RetroPie 3.6 & OpenELEC 6.0.3, PI 2, download?

Do you know if it’s possible to make a boot screen where you just choose Retro Pi or Kodi each time you turn on your Pi? I’ve looked into BerryBoot but that I can see, there is no way to add your own Select screen/GUI etc.

Thanks

rullacartoni
    Participant

For those who have problems in configuring the bluetooth connection with ps3 controllers, I strongly suggest to follow this video:

it worked perfectly for me (Raspberry PI 3) ;)

smithers
    Participant

Here is a Rasplex 1.0.1 & RetroPie 3.6 Dual Boot build:

Click here

Good news for RasPLEX fans is that I have finally found a way to incorporate my scripts into the standard ‘Plex’ skin, so no need for ‘Aeon’ skin anymore! :)

Here is a video of it in action:
    Click here to view

Please let me know what you think, if you try it.

All the best.
    Steve

darksavior
    Participant

Many thanks for the rasplex build. Seems to work fine. Can you post a tutorial on how to add the retropie shortcut to a skin? I wish to add the Aeon Nox skin.

smithers
    Participant

[quote=120654]Many thanks for the rasplex build. Seems to work fine. Can you post a tutorial on how to add the retropie shortcut to a skin? I wish to add the Aeon Nox skin.

[/quote]

Haha I thought you were being sarcastic when you asked for the Aeon skin a few posts up because most people hate on that skin! Had I of realised I would have left in in as a second option.

I am at work now but will post instructions on how to get the script to work on Aeon when I get home because I can’t quite remember it off the top of my head. Its very easy, but it’s a Python command rather than bash which I’m not clued up on. Something like Subprocess.Import(/storage/ss/games.sh), but I’ll confirm later.

Well I’m glad it works anyway so thanks for confirming.

Cheers
    Steve

darksavior
    Participant

nonono not that Aeon skin you’ve been including in past builds. I hate it too:)
    Aeon Nox is quite different
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/186722/release-aeon-nox-5-for-plex

smithers
    Participant

Hmmm… Looks the same to me from the outset, but I’ll take your word for it as I don’t use Plex at all! I’ll check it out tonight.

darksavior
    Participant

ok fine it’s not that different. Just a little bit here and there to make me love it. I love plex due to the great transcoding options to make it easier to stream without lag. Works great on the two homes in this property.

nitrus
    Participant

Hi smithers,
    Just wanted to say your builds are immensely awesome, I’ve used them often in the past, now I’ve switched to making my custom OSes and use your NOOBS files, which are PERFECT.

I’ve tested with RPi2 and RPi3 and it works great so far.

Main reason for custom OSes is that I want to pack a shutdown button script which I trigger via GPIOs, then drill a hole in the case and glue a momentary button. It’s easier on the power connector, and not-so-techy friends and family can shutdown without the risk of filesystem corruption. And I don’t have to explain SSH.

I can’t believe loading OSes from USB still hasn’t made it in the official NOOBS release, as it’s incredibly useful. I’ve seen somewhere that you do actually refer to an “official build of NOOBS USB version”, where can one find this, if it exists?

I’ve tried PINN, which is a NOOBS fork, yet not NOOBS, (https://github.com/procount/pinn), but I couldn’t switch to another OS with it for some reason. Installed the OS, but not displayed it as an option afterwards.

In any case, you’ve said that you’re using a “dirty workaround” in order to support RPi3, and in the PINN release I see that there’s a rpi3 overlay. Now, I can’t pretend to understand how NOOBS works, I haven’t looked at the code at all, just thought that it might give you an idea if you’re still working on something like that.

Cheers, and keep bringing the joy!

EDIT: Also, have a gander at this:
    http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/os_list.json
    …and the subsequent relevant partition files etc.
    If you’re already hosting the tarballs, this could be used for a network install. Not sure whether it uses local storage or cache/RAM for this, so it may still be keeping the files on the SD card, which wouldn’t be that useful.
    EDIT2: After I JUST wrote this, I noticed there is a new official NOOBS version from today, if it makes any difference.

smithers
    Participant

@nitrus – thanks! :) I too am surprised that the official NOOBS does not support USB install yet. To me it is an absolute must. Another great feature would be to allow more file format support, rather than just FAT32. That would open the door to making a full backup of my system and install it again via NOOBS. Maybe one day.

Here is the Github page for the USB install version:

https://github.com/headissue/noobs/tree/usb-os-install-pi2

smithers
    Participant

Ok here is a RetroPie 3.6, OpenELEC 6.0.8 & Raspbian “Jessie” triple-boot build:

Click here

Enjoy! :)

All the best.
    Steve

carlito8
    Participant

Just joined up to say many thanks for doing this, as a new user (Just got a Pi3) things like this make it super easy to get started. I read earlier this week you were planning to do the triple boot image and decided to wait for it, glad I did!

A couple of quick questions if you don’t mind…

1) I’ve only ever installed openelec to my micro SD card and have it set up the way I like, what’s the easiest way transfer the settings and database/fanart etc… across to this new build ?

2) You mention installing to USB due to the size, I am currently using a 32gb Micro SD card and have no idea how to install to USB, is it worth doing to avoid any other problems (have read about corruption of the Micro SD)

Again thanks for the build, sorry if the questions are obvious but I’ve read that much information lately I’ve managed to confuse it all!

candyluv
    Participant

[quote=120981]Ok here is a RetroPie 3.6, OpenELEC 6.0.8 & Raspbian “Jessie” triple-boot build:

Click here

Enjoy! :)

All the best.
    Steve

[/quote]

My Hero Smithers lol,
    Thanks a lot. I’m not wasting anytime in installing. Its in the process of doing that right now. Only thing is a message about compatibility problem with my pi2 came up but I chose the option to continue anyway so will see if there is a problem when it is completed installing.

Great work

nitrus
    Participant

Hi again Steve
    Thank you for the NOOBS link, much obliged!

I’ve one more thing to add here:
    There seems to be an OpenELEC offshoot called LibreELEC. It’s running Jarvis (Kodi 16)

I’ll PM you links and my findings, if you want to test that out for future builds, as I will certainly be doing :)

It seems they’re in the early stages, but I can see myself switching just because I’m impatient for the OpenELEC 7.0 version…

Cheers,
    Nitrus

candyluv
    Participant

[quote=121057]Hi again Steve
    Thank you for the NOOBS link, much obliged!

I’ve one more thing to add here:
    There seems to be an OpenELEC offshoot called LibreELEC. It’s running Jarvis (Kodi 16)

I’ll PM you links and my findings, if you want to test that out for future builds, as I will certainly be doing :)

It seems they’re in the early stages, but I can see myself switching just because I’m impatient for the OpenELEC 7.0 version…

Cheers,
    Nitrus

[/quote]

Hi,
    Openelec 7 Beta is already out.

thompr2
    Participant

I was hoping someone can help me out. Every time I login to Kodi it informs me there is an available update for Openelec. Can I install this update without disrupting the build?

Thanks!

candyluv
    Participant

[quote=121259]I was hoping someone can help me out. Every time I login to Kodi it informs me there is an available update for Openelec. Can I install this update without disrupting the build?

Thanks!

[/quote]

I updated mine in the pass without any problems but I believe the only thing that may prove a problem is if the skin being use is compatible with the update. So I would advise to backup just in case if you decide to do it.

candyluv
    Participant

Hi Smithers or anyone,
    Do you know how to add a Fresh Start option inside the build wizard so when used the wizard remains??

thornton
    Participant

[quote=120242]
    Hi. Its on my todo list so I will certainly give it a try yes! I have never used Volumio before so not sure if it supports running script shortcuts etc. but if it does then it shouldn’t be a problem, in theory.
    [/quote]

I so hope this will happen. I just got a DAC+ and I’m waiting for an amp and speakers to arrive. It would be awesome to not have to switch cards and I really love the OpenElec/RetroPie build. Thanks again for that one!

trantornator
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Just got started with the Pi (using a RPi 1 Model B+ at the moment) and after successfully installing RetroPie 3.6 and Kodi (as a port inside of RetroPie), I would like to simplify the setup and move to a dual boot (also hoping it might speed up the menu system a bit, since it can be really slow in Kodi). Any way to turn the existing setup into a dual boot without formatting and partitioning the SD card? And if not, what would be the best dual boot option given my system?

Thanks in advance.

yungyaw
    Participant

Hi, OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 released. Any plan to incorporate this or can I update manually?

Still waiting for Volumio 2.0 to be released. Can’t wait to have this too. ;)

nitrus
    Participant

Where do you guys get your OpenELEC 7 beta versions, short of building it yourself?

As of now (March 30th, GMT+2 slightly past morning time) I can still only see 6.95.1 both on their official page and github releases.
    Furthermore, I don’t see a release candidate/source tag for 7.0 on github, only the code branch.

Granted, the 6.95.1 version does have Jarvis, which I personally was most interested in.

Viewing 35 posts - 176 through 210 (of 222 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.