Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    drakaen391
    Participant

Hello All…

I am currently running RetroPi on A Raspberry B…

Currently awaiting my new Raspberry 3 to arrive any day now and am wondering if 32X works for it… Also, with the Emulator issues on N64 with sound… is it possibly to disable to sound in it or would changing the resolution down help bring the sound closer to normal?

shoothere
    Participant

Sorry cannot help you with your 32X question but as I stated in another post somewhere, looking at this list for the best emulator to use:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wjzbu90l6eCEW1w6ar9NtfyDBQrSPILQL5MbRSpYSzw/edit

combined with toning down the resolution (I usually go for 640×480 for that stairway-polygonal goodness!) has made many games run rather well if not perfectly.

Diddy Kong Racing, Mario64, Mario Kart 64 and even Banjo Kazooie (although the latter with some VERY occasional stutters) ran awesomely for me!

InsecureSpike
    Participant

yup 32x is much better on the pi3, and evermore so when we overclock it

proxycell
    Participant

I can tell you that with my RPi2 and overclocked, I had no issues with 32x. This was back on Wheezy so Jessie may have reduced performance.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

This was back on Wheezy so Jessie may have reduced performance.

Why would jessie have reduced performance ? I don’t think anyone has said there is a problem with 32x on jessie. the rpi3 does handle it better (60-70% cpu of a single core used on virtua racing for example on rpi3)

proxycell
    Participant

I was speaking in general. The jessie installs have required more RAM in my own experience as well as this thread here: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=121214

Not saying the emulator or retropie has changed with anything, I am doing my first real Jessie setup of RetroPie right now as we speak (since the official RPi website has removed the old Wheezy image…)

ruckage
    Participant

[quote=119479]I can tell you that with my RPi2 and overclocked, I had no issues with 32x. This was back on Wheezy so Jessie may have reduced performance.

[/quote]
    Didn’t run well on my RPI2 even overclocked running Retropie 3.2, I only tried a few games but certainly was nowhere near full speed.

proxycell
    Participant

I tried it with virtual racer / fighter (they have timers in the game) and if they were off, it was about 1/10th of a second if i recall
    i can retest it again sometime later again to see if its still there

petrockblog
    Keymaster

The post regarding memory usage must include the desktop etc as there is far less in use when booting retropie to console – it makes sense that Jessie would use a little more ram – but that won’t affect the emulator performance since we have plenty free on a 1GB machine. if anything performance should be better on Jessie assuming the arm code produced by the compilers is getting better.

drakaen391
    Participant

[quote=119860]I tried it with virtual racer / fighter (they have timers in the game) and if they were off, it was about 1/10th of a second if i recall
    i can retest it again sometime later again to see if its still there

[/quote]

1/10th is not that big of an issue…

joyrider3774
    Participant

i also have no issues using 32x on my picade, everything seems to run smooth but haven’t figured out how to display fps yet. Have not searched for enabling the quick menu in retroarch (if the 32x is retrarch based). I only quickly tested it though like that sonice game and mk2.

drakaen391
    Participant

That’s how I have been testing because I see more as how well it plays…

And lag is actually easy to catch in the older games

robertybob
    Participant

[quote=119509]

I can tell you that with my RPi2 and overclocked, I had no issues with 32x. This was back on Wheezy so Jessie may have reduced performance.

Didn’t run well on my RPI2 even overclocked running Retropie 3.2, I only tried a few games but certainly was nowhere near full speed.

[/quote]

I also have no issues with 32x on my Pi 2, I’ve tried roughly 16 games..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.