Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

First off hello to everyone here, have been looking around and am very impressed with the wealth of knowledge. I am not to proficient at Linux so it has been a neat learning experience so far.

I finally put together a little emulator station w/pi2 B and retropie. I purchased two sets of controllers -the first being what seems like a standard, the iBuffalo SNES USB version. Retropie recognized it right away in the emulator state and all I did was go through the up, down, left, etc. steps to set my config. This couldn’t have been any easier and the key config is great!

The second set of controllers I have are the iBuffalo controllers closer to the NES version with still the correct amount of buttons to use with SNES. IBuffalo When plugged in, the emulator station recognized them as well and had me go through the config steps. I am able to navigate through the emulator but once in a game regardless of console, I have no control. I know I am beating a dead horse with this inquiry…but do I need to go behind the scenes and manually config the controllers and if so, am I going to lose the config with the first set of controllers? I would like to be able to retain config for both sets. Thanks in advance to any advice.

herbfargus

Which version of retropie are you using? You’ll need to run the controller that doesn’t work through retroarch-joyconfig (if youre using retropie 3.0 it is an option in the retropie menu) and it will create an autoconfig file that should work with retroarch emulators. There will be some separate configurations that might need to be done manually for some emulators but retroarch covers for most of them.
    See this page:
    https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/RetroArch-Configuration

And this video:

travellersczech
    Participant

Thanks for the quick and very helpful response! I have 2.6 loaded. Got the controller(s) to work on the games but am having a heck of a time trying to enable the hotkey combo to exit out of games (select-start) without having to unplug the raspberry each time…like the SNES controllers are able to perform.

-I followed the instructions on the video and the written, but am having a hard time accessing retroarch. Accessed it via WinSCP but so far no success.

herbfargus

Have you looked at this video for hotkeys?

travellersczech
    Participant

Great video! Thanks again. Just spent the past hour and half but nothing. -Even wrote a separate config file from scratch…nothing! The SNES cntrllers work fine I just don’t like the slanting of the btns. Oh well, will try again in a few. Not sure what else to try without repeating the same however. I’m curious if anyone else has had issues with this particular cntrllr. I like the way it feels and it has all of the necessary btns to play SNES and others…would be a shame to just archive it away in a drawer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.