Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Update Mar 5th, 2016: Added ‘MESS’, ‘Adventure Game Studio’ and ‘Game & Watch’ sections. (pixel3.zip attachment)

Update Feb 9th, 2016: Added ‘Arcade’ and ‘Love’ sections. (pixel2.zip attachment)

Here’s the Pixel theme. No meta data in this theme.

Pixel

Example

I will work on a variant where the console image is removed from the game-selection screen and put the meta data there for you.

Splash screens in 16:9 and 4:3 are included in the zip.

Thanks to muriani for the wicked Sega CD image, and to Omnija for helping me troubleshoot some errors in the log.

herbfargus

Looks brilliant mate. Are you going to put this on github for the theme Installer?

I’d be happy to do it if you don’t want to

InsecureSpike
    Participant

nice work fella

rookervik
    Participant

Yayuh. You can do it for me. I’m not into the whole github thing. Missed you in IRC for the last 2 months. :P

herbfargus

Busy with uni and holiday, and I’m right back into uni as of this week. But I’ll get your theme up :)

herbfargus

How many systems have you tested this theme with? any chance of a white screen?

Omnija
    Participant

It won’t cause white screen for multiple reasons.
    1 it’s exceptionally tiny total = less 1mb
    2 it uses colour filters instead of heavy duty image layering.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good job guys, I actually like the way the theme came out, I use 27 emulators and ni white screen so I can vouch for that as well

advmame

I have advmame as its own seperate theme so I added this and tried to match the rest as best as I could, just found a random pixelated logo that said arcade

tronkyfran
    Participant

Tested last night, awesome work!

labelwhore
    Participant

Man, this theme is gorgeous! Thanks for all your hard work!

There are like 50 systems on my pi, not all scraped, but still no white screen. I duplicated a couple systems from the theme to cover the additional ones I needed.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just a suggestion that could add more character to an already great theme, maybe adding new logos pack to match your splashscreens, for example in the system select menu the logo for sega could be made with the sonic the hedgehog font similar to your sonic splashscreen where retropie is in the sonic font, and same for the other consoles, logos made with font from a popular game from the respective consoles, the console images would stay the same. This together with a version of sur0x’s splashscreen randomizer that has only your splashscreens would make for an amazing experience everytime you start up the pi, maybe you guys could work together on that, that Is of course if you have the time for something like that, I’m sure it would take a while, but this idea just popped in my head because I love your work

rookervik
    Participant

Ooh, I don’t know about changing all the system logos. Haha. That took me longer than actually drawing all the systems. And it wasn’t merely as simple as shrinking them. I actually had to draw them. >.< It’s a neat idea tho!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Haha yea I can imagine how time consuming it was

Anonymous
    Inactive

My first attempt at pixel art, wow this took forever it seems, Ive gained Even more respect for your theme haha, I just wanted to personalize the retropie theme so I made this logo, what do you think rookervik? Retropie letters definitely not as good as yours, unfortunately it doesn’t show up as big as I would like it to

rookervik
    Participant

Looks fine to me. Proper tools can make things a lot easier. :D

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you don’t mind me asking, what grid size do you use?

dankcushions
    Participant

just wanted to say, i love this theme :) installed it with my pi3 build and it’s everything i want!

rookervik
    Participant

Glad everyone is enjoying this theme. It’s my favorite as well. I’ll try to keep it updated when new systems become available. But I only update my RetroPie maybe twice a year. So you’ll have to let me know if systems are added.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You have Genesis in addition to MegaDrive.. how about TurboGrafx16 in addition to PCEngine?

rookervik
    Participant

Both PC Engine and Turbo Grafix 16 are in the theme already. Just set your PCEngine section of es_systems.cfg to point to tg16 instead of pcengine. Same you do with genesis instead of megadrive.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok. I didn’t see it there the first time. Looks good! But now we need Adventure Game Studios (ags) and ResidualVM.

rookervik
    Participant

Aww man, that’s a whole new emulator for only 2 games? Sounds like it should go in ports instead of being its own emulator. Or tuck it into ScummVM since they’re both Lucas Arts games anyway.

I’ll make an adventure game studio theme since there’s a lot of those.

herbfargus

There are a lot of the game engines that really just need a game selector in runcommand rather than being set as their own system but that needs some extra coding to fix.

hydraulix
    Participant

I’m trying to change the theme of pcengine, to tg16. I changed the system and theme in the es_systems.cfg, but I don’t get a logo. After looking in the themes folder, the xml calls for logo.png, but the logo file for tg16 is logo2.png. I renamed it to logo.png but still no luck.

How can I get this logo to show up?

See attachment

windale
    Participant

This theme should be the RetroPie default. Very good work.

Can you add Game & Watch to the list please ? It’s very polished emulation.

also ResidualVM (although I haven’t managed to get any of the 3 games to work on RetroPie, it just exits back to EmulationStation, they work on the PC version).

And possibly Daphne just because it’s missing, I tried Dragon’s Lair and it didn’t look very smooth on Pi2 (might be because I used the M-HD version), and Space Ace Enhanced didn’t work.

rookervik
    Participant

The tg16 logo was named incorrectly, just as you mentioned, hydraulix. I named it correctly (since it was originally just added to the theme in case a user wanted to replace PCE with TG16 iamges) and it works for me. Hopefully it will work for you as well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree, I think ResidualVM should be added as an emulator option within the ScummVM menu.

herbfargus

The theme has been updated in the theme installer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    I really love you theme! Great work! The only thing that is missing for me is a european version of the console.png for the super nintendo. I am not able to create my own. Could i kindly ask you to add one if you have some time left?

Thank you very much!

rookervik
    Participant

Hey solbadguy201,

Made the Super Famicom system theme for pixel. I’ll add it to the main theme later. But for now, here is the folder if you want it. Or you can copy the images over the SNES images.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you very much! This looks great!

herbfargus

Added sfc to the theme downloader.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi rookervik,
    thank you again for the SFC console.png and the logo.png. Since the SFC was the Asian Version of the SNES i tried to create an European version (changed the logo with paint :-D ). In Europe we had the SFC design but it was called Super Nintendo. Can you please review my changes if they meet your quality standards? Maybe the theme.xml also need some changes. The new console.png covers some of the Text in the selection screen. I´ll try to change this after work by try and error.

Edit: Added Version 2 with transparent pixels in the logo

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi guys your themes is very beautifull
    I wantto know if it possible to portage at recalbox ?
    I try this, it work ;)
    He just missing a few system ^^
    (My english is bad, i’m french)

rookervik
    Participant

Not sure how to do super nintendo since it appears to have 3 versions. Super Famicom was Japan but the body style was also used in Europe. The American and European Super Nintendos use the same logo. Not sure if I want to put 3 versions of the same console in the theme. Seems too redundant. Maybe I can just put both consoles and both logos in the same directory and people can rename them to suit their needs? Otherwise it will have SNES, SFC, and SNES-EU… seems overkill?

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 48 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.