Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Does anyone know if RetroArch supports multitap (ie to allow for 4 players in PSX for example)? I’ve tried to find out and I cant really see anything that says it is when searching but wondered if anyone else knew?

Ta

Adz

naxxox
    Participant

I’m wistfullly in the same situation.

I sought in many forums but I cannot find how to modify the configuration files in RetroArch to play 4 players.

I’d like to play Super Bomberman 2 of SNES with my three friends.

Anonymous
    Inactive

(Sorry for my bad english^^)

On SNES (RetroPie 3.0 Beta 2), I got it to work!

First, I switched to “lr-snes9x-next” (/home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/retropie_setup.sh, “Install individual emulators…”, “lr-snes9x-next”).

Then, I opened /opt/retropie/configs/snes/retroarch.cfg and added the following line:
    input_libretro_device_p2 = “257”

If you have configured your controllers in “/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs”, then you need nothing more to do – just connect your gamepad and run your Game. Successfully tested with Bomberman…

cortex
    Participant

[quote=95739]

I opened /opt/retropie/configs/snes/retroarch.cfg and added the following line:

[/quote]

Yes, this works great for SNES.
    But unfortunately it seems that PSX multitap is not supported at the moment.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the info on how to get it working for SNES. It there a way to get Multitap to work on the Sega Megadrive?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmm, well I am a noob but following these steps did not work for me. Has there been any change to getting multitap to work on snes9x on Rasperry pi 2 with retropie 3? …does it matter that I’m trying this with Secret of Mana?

dankcushions
    Participant

re: psx multitap support – it is currently not supported in pcsx-rearmed (the psx emulator that retropie uses). there is an issue logged here: https://github.com/notaz/pcsx_rearmed/issues/43 – it looks like the main developer does not have time to work on the project, unfortunately. perhaps someone could get stuck in? :)

solidone
    Participant

[quote=96292]

I opened /opt/retropie/configs/snes/retroarch.cfg and added the following line:

Yes, this works great for SNES.
    But unfortunately it seems that PSX multitap is not supported at the moment.

[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. It worked nicely on SNES games. Curiously, I tried that same approach on RetroArch 0.9, but it didn’t worked. It seems they fixed it on latest RetroArch version, 1.2.2.

Games I tried that worked:

Super Bomberman
    Super Bomberman 3
    Super Bomberman 4
    Top Gear 3000

But it seems that “Snes9x Next” is the only SNES core that has multitap working. I tried the same settings on CATSFC and BSNES (accuracy), to no avail.

Anyway, I can simply choose Snes9x Next for multiplayer games, and CATSFC for the others.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.