Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gauche
    Participant

I see that running MAME ROMs is problematic (e.g. here). I am in the same boat. Even the ROMs that are listed as supported exhibit the same problem.

I am running a from-source build that completed just yesterday, so it’s basically the most up to date available. I have tried replacing %ROM% with %BASENAME%. I have tried all the commented out COMMANDs (i.e. alternate emulators) in the MAME system configuration.

No go.

Can anyone enlighten me as to whether this should be working? What might I be doing wrong?

pappy
    Participant

As I wrote in the other thread: install “mame4rpi” and you will be happy!

Just changing the system configuration doesn´t help. It is necessary to do a source-code install of “mame4rpi” in the retropie-setup script.

gauche
    Participant

Thanks, but I’m running a recent source code install and there is no mame4pi emulator installed.

brooksyx
    Participant

[quote=3580]Thanks, but I’m running a recent source code install and there is no mame4pi emulator installed.[/quote]

Looks it is included with the latest RetroPie setup script.

Well mame4allpi which I imagine is what you mean

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/blob/master/scriptmodules/emulators.shinc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.