Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I need to switch disks on PSX, but I couldn’t figure out how to do it. From what I gather, I need to open RGUI. However, I can’t seem to do that.

None of the buttons on my keyboard opens it up.

Binding keys in my config files (both Retroarch and PSX configs):

input_enable_hotkey_btn = 8
    input_menu_toggle_btn = 3

input_disk_eject_toggle_btn = 4

input_disk_next_btn = 5

–doesn’t work either. (Also, if it helps–and I could be wrong–I’m not sure those three commands were in my original config file when I first set up the system)

I know other people can open the menu and switch disks, so does anyone know what might be wrong with my system that I can’t do that?

Thanks for your help.

trimmtrabb
    Participant

[quote=2728]I need to switch disks on PSX, but I couldn’t figure out how to do it. From what I gather, I need to open RGUI. However, I can’t seem to do that.

None of the buttons on my keyboard opens it up.

Binding keys in my config files (both Retroarch and PSX configs):

input_disk_eject_toggle_btn = 4

input_disk_next_btn = 5

–doesn’t work either. (Also, if it helps–and I could be wrong–I’m not sure those three commands were in my original config file when I first set up the system)

I know other people can open the menu and switch disks, so does anyone know what might be wrong with my system that I can’t do that?

Thanks for your help.
    [/quote]

hi, try this instead:
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = "8" input_menu_toggle_btn = "3" input_enable_hotkey_btn = "8" input_disk_eject_toggle_btn = "4" input_enable_hotkey_btn = "8" input_disk_next_btn = "5"

jplaj
    Participant

I tried it, but still no effect. My other hotkey commands are coded over two lines each and they work fine, so I don’t think the problem is in the hotkey coding.

Someone on another website suggested it may have something to do with the video driver not supporting RGUI, but I’m using the driver he suggested.

Is it possible that for some reason RGUI didn’t get installed in my setup or updates? Is there a way to check to see if it’s even on my SD card?

Thanks.

trimmtrabb
    Participant

What I meant was you need the quotation marks either side of the numbers like this:
    input_menu_toggle_btn = "3"
    instead of this:

I just tried this on my RetroPie and the menu/disk hotkeys work fine. The GUI is pretty handy, thanks for mentioning it!

jplaj
    Participant

I got it working.

I don’t expect that many people will have this problem, but if they do, all I did was update the setup-script, then just re-installed RetroArch (not PSX, like I tried the first time).

For everyone who offered help, thank you!

c-fu
    Participant

[quote=2750]I don’t expect that many people will have this problem, but if they do, all I did was update the setup-script, then just re-installed RetroArch (not PSX, like I tried the first time).
    [/quote]

How, exactly do you do that? And will it erase all of my configurations? FYI I used a pre-made Raspbian+Emustation+RetroPie+XBMC image and I can’t seem to run retropie_setup.sh (it’s in /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup).

pi@xbmc-fu ~ $ cd RetroPie-Setup/
    pi@xbmc-fu ~/RetroPie-Setup $ ls
    AUTHORS    retropie_setup.sh  supplementary  wiki
    README.md  scriptmodules      tools
    pi@xbmc-fu ~/RetroPie-Setup $ retropie_setup.sh
    -bash: retropie_setup.sh: command not found

A linux noob btw :)

ah ok, a simple git pull (I think? Is that what it’s called?) is all that I need to do. Still, feels weird to me to suddenly not being able to run it.

Anyway, I’m still unable to open RGui with any keyboard buttons or the joystick buttons. I’m using Logitech K400r btw.

jplaj
    Participant

c-fu:
    Sorry for the late response. I’m having new trouble with this. I’m going to start a new thread.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.