Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie all the controller configurations options in RetroPie/EmulationStation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    schiway
    Participant

New here!
    There are lots of joystick/controller/keyboard settings/configurations in EmulationStation, at least to me!
    1. when i am at the game station selecting page, when i press Start, there’s a “Configure Input”;
    2. when i select RetroPie, there’s a “Configure RetreArch Kyeboard/Joystick”
    3. same page, “Controller Configuration”

what’s the relationships and differences between all these options?

thx!

tendonut
    Participant

I just set the system up two days ago, but I was able to gather this:

1. when i am at the game station selecting page, when i press Start, there’s a “Configure Input”;

This is the controller configuration for the EmulationStation frontend (The GUI that displays all your available emulators/roms)

2. when i select RetroPie, there’s a “Configure RetreArch Kyeboard/Joystick”

This is the gamepad/keyboard configuration for the emulators that use the RetroArch/Libretro libraries. A good chunk of the emulators use it and would share controller configs.

3. same page, “Controller Configuration”

I believe this is where you’d configure a controller that does NOT use the Retroarch libraries.

Anyone else can correct my if I am wrong with these assumptions.

herbfargus

You are correct until the third part- the third option is an experimental module petrockblog is working on called inputstation- eventually in theory it should replace the beginning GUI you see when you boot into emulation station the first time. It will not only configure emulation station controls but it will also configure retroarch controls at the same time and will hopefully vastly improve the confusion of controller configuration. See this page near the bottom:

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/RetroArch-Configuration

schiway
    Participant

thx for your answer;)
    but i recently found that, the 3rd one “Controller Configuration” does not work anymore, after i click it, whole screen turns black, several console lines rolls, and nothing happens, go back to the RetroPie page, what’s going on?

thanks for your help, and your patience!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.