Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    d8thstar
    Participant

HI all,

I can’t seem to get any games that require CHD’s to load, it always says the file was not found. i have tried putting the cud in the rom folder, also in it’s own folder within the rom folder but still the same can’t find the file error.

anyone been able to get cud games to load with advMAME on a pi?

thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello

I’m in the same boat. I try many solutions but no result. “File was not found” was always the answer. I verified the cfg file and the way of roms path is ok.
    But in my case , it’s not only with chd, and lot of roms (even in the good romset) doesn’t work. I think it’s only work with roms who contain one file.
    Sorry for my poor English.
    S

Floob

[quote=94156]HI all,

I can’t seem to get any games that require CHD’s to load, it always says the file was not found. i have tried putting the cud in the rom folder, also in it’s own folder within the rom folder but still the same can’t find the file error.

anyone been able to get cud games to load with advMAME on a pi?

thanks
    [/quote]

Which game have you tried? I’ll try it on mine.

d8thstar
    Participant

you’re the man floob!

I have tried two, area51 and killer instinct.

I got the CHD’s as part of a 106 complete rom set. funny thing is that it isn’t saying its the wrong rom or checksum, it says the file does not exist.

again, I have tried the CHD file in the roms folder. also tried it in a folder with the same name as the CHD, and that folder in the roms folder.

really interested in your results. thanks again for everything!

Floob

Create your CHD folder in here:
    /opt/retropie/configs/mame-advmame/image

So yours would be
    /opt/retropie/configs/mame-advmame/image/area51/area51.chd

I’ll let you worry about how to get a lightgun working :)

khayman
    Participant

Floob, great input. For FBA chd’s would we assume
    /opt/retropie/configs/fba/image
    ?

d8thstar
    Participant

floob, you’re a genius. if you have a paypal account, i’d like to buy you a pint.

if i may follow up, it works just as you said it would. i thought if i changed the path to an external hd i have (with the chd’s on it), that it would work but i get the same file not found error. the line in question is in the following file:

/opt/retropie/configs/mame-advmame/advmame.rc

the line is:

dir_image /media/MAME106/chds

i can confirm that changing this line back to /opt/retropie/configs/mame-advmame/image will load the chd that is in there. but the chd’s are rather large and i would like to offload them onto my hd. any thoughts on how to make this happen?

if you send me a private message with your paypal email, i’ll buy you that pint!

Floob

[quote=94247]Floob, great input. For FBA chd’s would we assume
    /opt/retropie/configs/fba/image
    ?[/quote]

Nope – FBA works a little differently I think. If you give me a game example I can check.

Floob

[quote=94251]
    i thought if i changed the path to an external hd i have (with the chd’s on it), that it would work but i get the same file not found error. the line in question is in the following file:

/opt/retropie/configs/mame-advmame/advmame.rc

the line is:

[/quote]

That .rc filename doesnt look quite right – I think (in RetroPie 3) there are 2 rc files in there one for 1.2 and one for 0.94 – do a “ls” in that dir to confirm.

You can get it to search multiple paths by separating each one with a :

So you could have
    dir_image /opt/cheese:/opt/biscuits:/home/pi:/media/MAME106/chds

if you wanted.

khayman
    Participant

Floob, thanks for your help. Before bothering you more I’m going to do some more experimentation on my own and see if I can figure it out. I was just seeing if you knew off the top of your head. I can’t really find good CHD documentation for FBA online anywhere. I’m thinking I might take what I have a rebuild the romset for one of the other MAMEs and see how that turns out.

Frankly I’m still in the middle of my cabinet build so there’s a hundred other things I still need to do… I just want to skip to the fun parts first. ;-)

Floob

I’ll stick my neck out and say FBA romsets dont use/reference CHDs.
    There is no reference in the dat files anyway, plus check this out:

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?81371-Are-CHD-files-important

khayman
    Participant

Yeah, I had found that forum when I first started researching this which I thought was weird as I could’ve sworn I’d read somewhere else that FBA supported CHDs. Unfortunately a lot of the time the info out there is old and things have changed so it comes down to guess and check.

I logged into my home server and repackaged all my ROMs with CHDs for AdvanceMAME and transferred then to my Pi. I’ll test on those tonight when I get home.

scar811
    Participant

Has anyone gotten Killer Instinct 1 or 2 to work with advmame 0.94 or 1.2 or even FBA?

I have put the CHD files in the zip file and in the images files as suggested in the forum and I have even updated all .RC files to point to the correct place.

Also, Khayman if it works for you please let me know what you did to get it working for any game requiring CHD files.

Thanks!

khayman
    Participant

scar811, I got sidetracked and didn’t test it, I’ll probably work on it a little later tonight after the wife’s in bed if I get some time. I’ve been busy on other parts of the build.

d8thstar
    Participant

i have them working in advmame 1.2 but KI’s run EXTREMELY slow…

khayman
    Participant

So I’ve been playing around with these and not getting anywhere. Working on Gauntlet: Dark Legends.

Inside my /roms/mame-advmame directory I put gauntleg.zip. I can see it under MAME in ES.
    Inside the /opt/retropie/config/mame-advmame/image I’ve tried both putting gauntleg.chd inside the base dir as well as inside /gauntleg.

I still get it erroring out that it can’t find gauntleg.chd.

Help?

d8thstar
    Participant

dd you edit the advmame-1.2.rc file to point to where the chd’s are? i am running ES3.0 beta and that file can be found at:

/opt/retropie/configs/mame-advmame

the line in question is:

obviously change the above location to where your chd’s are. fyi, i have my chd FILES in folders named exactly the same as the chd. so, are51.chd is inside an area51 folder.

khayman
    Participant

Mine links to /home/pi/.advance/image which is basically the link to /opt/retropie/config/mame-advmame/image. I’ll try pointing it directly there and trying again when I get home.

khayman
    Participant

Ugh… it was something stupid. When moving files around the other day I must have done something like this.

mv gauntdl.chd /opt/retropie/config/mame-advmame/image/gauntdl/guantdl.chd

Misspelled the target name and renamed the file.

After fixing that brilliant mess-up it still didn’t work but that was because it was saying that the ROM and CHD weren’t a match. That’s at least a problem I can understand.

flavad99
    Participant

dumb question. I am new at this and I believe this fix will solve my issue regarding playing chd files

I can access this folder:

/opt/retropie/configs/mame-advmame

I am trying to set up an nfl blitz folder for the blitz.chd file. How would I set up a folder within the prompt. What command creates new files?

flavad99
    Participant

mkdir

xd3l
    Participant

I can get them to run, but all of them run too slow on the Pi 2.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.