Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all!

Got a Pi3 and freshly flashed 3.6 and it boots fine, gets up to the controller config screen, recognizes my usb connected Sony PS3 controller and from there on it doesn’t work.

It seems it aknowledges the X button but the dpad and analog don’t seem to give any reaction. Up to and including 3.5 it would boot up and be configured very easily.

Any tips?

EDIT: forgot to add I tried 2 different controllers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

PS3 controller isn’t working for me on BT either

shoothere
    Participant

Look in your other post, I linked there to a likely solution to your problem.

gilbertdaemon
    Participant

I’m having the same issue (not able to get the PS3 controller to configure on the Emulationstation GUI) but I got it working in a way that I can use it to play games though you still would have to use a keyboard to access the content on the Emulationstation GUI.

-On the RetroPie Menu
    -Configure RetroArch / Launch RetroArch RGUI
    -Settings
    -Input
    -Input User # Binds

This way you would be able to play the games but still there is the issue with the PS3 controller not working on the EmulationStation Gui.

Hope this helps a bit.

RPi 2
    RetroPie 3.6
    Wired PS3 Controller

gizmo98
    Participant

Just run input configuration in emulationstation. PS3 controller has an other device name if it is connected over bt. So it is necessary to add a configuration entry for wireless connections.

zordrak
    Participant

i can reproduce the same problem with my ps3 controller when using the 3.6 Image (tested on PI2 & 3 and two different original ps3 controllers )
    It works on bluetooth on the pi3 but i doesn’t work using only usb

On another SD Card i have an upgraded 3.6 Version (using since 2.4 or something) on that one everything works fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.